Part 23: Morning, on a typical day

I woke up in bed, still tired. My eyes had dark rings under, with my hair messed up like a bird nest. 

"M'lady, would you like to take a bath? There are 5 type of bath scent available." The new maid, Tasha said. 

It was creepy how her voice rang in my ears the moment I woke up. 

A week had passed after the drought and the meeting with Lucas.

Even though I had gotten home, I couldn't sleep well lately. 

Did Tasha receive the order from Ivy to put caffeine inside my food? 

                                                   'I'll check later.'

"Miss, are you not going to the festival today?" Tasha asked. 

Seeing if I'm going to ruin Ivy's plan today? 

"Hmmmm........"

Should I just expose her and be done with it? It would save a lot of trouble of being extra cautious. But if I decided to keep her here, I could use her as well. 

And I'm sure that Onii-sama did some investigation on her. He must know by now that she's a spy sent by Ivy. But he didn't fire her. He trusted that I could handle all of this by myself. 

I smiled. Of course I wasn't weak enough to not handle her. Onii-sama, you know me well. If I were the former Roselyn, then she would've fired the maid without thinking about how it could benefit herself.

"I'll go. Fetch some other maids. Don't worry, you're still my #1. I just worry for you." I smiled a smile fit for a heroine. 

I'm sure that this is how Ivy managed to send her here. If she knew about Ivy's dark side, then she would immediately switch to my side and act like a double agent.

I picked a commoner's dress, but made with the best qualities. Only a thorough examination done by a professional tailor could've seen that this was worth more than you thought.

The upper part was brown-ish pink with cute sleeves, with a blue checker-patterned dress underneath. In the middle held a purple ribbon tying them together. 

I put a cute checkered headbank cloth with different shades of brown and orange on hair to match my outfit. 

I had to say, even with restricted amount of clothes, the commoners knew how to look good. 

"Will M'lady be visiting the Prince today?" Tasha asked. 

How suspicious. Are you asking if I will interfere with Ivy meeting with Albert?

"If I feel like it." I responded.

It was always good to respond her questions with uncertainty. She can't tell Ivy a direct response. 

Furthermore, today was a important capture target event. 

Ivy should meet all of the capture targets in the festival. 

But in the end, you got to choose who you spent it with for the rest of the day. 

And of course, Albert was the most popular choice for all the girls who played the otome game. 

What's so good about the Crown Prince?!

I realised that the reason he kept Roselyn till the end of her was because even though he was the Crown Prince, he needed an influential partner. 

I bet he found my ruin perfect. 

It wasn't his fault that he lost his fiance, and even got to be with a lover.