6: His First Touch

Lucca

I capture her gaze, not letting it go for even a single second. We stare at each other in complete silence. Communicating with our eyes. 

"Angel, can I talk now?" I ask in a teasing tone, making her huff and  she rolls her eyes at that.

When her eyes comeback on me, I say "No hospital visits, okay??"

She tries to protest, but I interrupt her "Angel, Please trust me on this. No hospital. I promise you I will get checked by a doctor but at home, not in a hospital. Also, no one else needs to know that I was here." on that her forehead pinches in confusion. 

I exhale deeply hating the worry look in her eyes "Angel, please don't worry. It's all a big misunderstanding and everything will be alright. I will call my brother for help. Okay??"

Hearing that she relaxes a bit and nods her head in agreement. I carefully remove my hand from over her mouth and cup her cheek. 

"Thank you angel."

She nods softs and then moves up to sit next to me. "Okay so we lets call your brother so he can take you to hospital" and when I raise my eyebrow at that she quickly corrects herself "Take you home and get checked." She raises her hand in defense gesture and rolls her eye at me.

I silent nod and a small smile falls on my lips. God she was perfect, just the thing I needed. I move my hand to pull my phone out from my suit pocket. But to my dismay, my phone was broken. No wonder Ciro wasn't be able to track me down.

"Looks like my phone is broken?"

"Oh, you can use mine" She hands me her phone.

I dial in Ciro personal number. The one only we three have. He answers it on the 2nd ring.

"Lucca?" he sounded both relieved and worried at the same.

"Yeah."

"Lucca man are you okay? We have been looking for you. Where the hell were you?? And why is you cell phone switched off?"

"Ciro I am fine. My phone broke. But I am fine now." I say while looking up at my angel who is now sitting next to me." I am sending you my location. Come pick me up."

"I have it already. I will be there in 10." 

I am not even a bit surprise that he had already tracked my location using her phone.

---------------------------------------------

It only took Ciro 5 minutes to arrive. And he parks his car near the dumpster and hurries out of the car.

"Lucca, you there," he whispers in the dark alley.

We have been waiting for him behind the dumpster. So it was impossible for him to see s. And the alley was poorly lit by the street light. 

I open my mouth to reply. But before I could reply, my angel replies " We are here, behind the dumpster." I shake my head and smile at that.

I hear footsteps shuffling in our direction and then I hear Ciro's voice. 

"Lucca, you okay??" he asks while trying to scanning me up and down. 

The concern that was clearly visible in his eyes relaxes. He has seen me in worst condition during my soldier years. So for him this was nothing. And the darkness was hiding most of my injuries.

"Francisco is going around looking for you like a wild beast man. He swears he is going to ki.."

I interrupt him abruptly, not letting him complete the sentence. "going to take care of it. Francisco is going to take care of it." I rush in to correct Ciro words. So my angel doesn't freak out. I don't want to scare her so I just give her a soft smile. trying to reassure her that it's all a big misunderstanding and nothing more.

God know how she will react the moment she finds out that I am Lucca - the underboss. Pretty sure she will run in the opposite direction of me. So for now I opted not to scare her anymore and just cover that part.

Ciro look back and forth between us in confusion and then fixes his gaze on me, giving me a questioning look. He has never seen me doing something of this sort. I rarely flirt with women and I have never hidden from anyone who I really am. 

I am proud of who I am and all the sacrifices I have given to be here. But I want my angel to stay away from this side of darkness.

"Why are you wasting time staring at us? Help him!!!" my angel yells at ciro. This make me chuckle and ciro looks at me with surprise. 

I know exactly why he is suprise. He surprise to see me sitting back and let someone else take control. That never happens. Never.

But what he doesn't know is that she is the one. The angel I have been waiting for. 

"I wasn't staring I was just making sure he was okay." Ciro replies with a perplexed look and gives me a look that say 'bro, what on earth is going on??

"Okay??? Does he looks okay to you?? Can't you see all the blood?? she exhales and then continue to lecture my poor brother, who has no idea what is going on.  He needs hospital, but he is been a stubborn button and not letting me take him to one. GOD!! " 

"Angel look at me." I whisper softly, getting her attention back at me and then continue "I am okay. Everything is going to be okay.Okay??"

She nods and then take a deep breath and calmly turns toward Ciro "Can you please help him up?" this time she tires to ask him instead of ordering him. 

Ciro just shakes his head like he is so done with this and move close towards us. He helps lifting me up while my angel keeps telling him to be careful.

We move in the direction of his parked car. Angel hurries to open the backseat door and Ciro helps me in. The movement causes pain in my shoulder, causing me to flinch. 

I glance at angel and I notice she saw that. She moves her worry eyes from me to Ciro and then continue to order him in a threatening tone  "He needs to go to hospital, but he keeps refusing. And keeps telling me that ciro will take care of it. So you better do that. Because if you don't, I will come looking for you, CIRO."  

"Sure buttercup." Ciro replies looking the least bit intimidated by her. But definitely amused. 

"Buttercup??" She gives him a questioning look. " I am Bella. Bella Gabrielle and I am 100% serious CIro. You better take care of him. Or else I will come looking for you. I have your name and number and I work as a paramedic with lots of connection. So it will only take me 10 minutes before I find your address." She was trying very hard to look all tough and scary . 

But it was making me fall for her even more. I have never seen anyone getting all worked up over me. Beside my family. But she was even willing to threaten them to take care of me. GOD I am pretty sure I am in love with her. 

"So if you don't want that, you better take care of him." And the threat was still going on.

Ciro playfully mock salutes her and to that she just rolls her eyes. They were like two kids fighting back and forth.

I felt a ping of jealousy at that and that was stupid. But I wanted my angels focus on me and just me. So I grab her wrist in order to get her attention. 

She looks at me immediately and when I pull her wrist furthermore. She bend down coming eye level with me. 

I cup her cheek and place a  soft but lingering kiss on her forehead. She exhales softly and sinking into me. It was strange but it was like we both felt this pull. I keep my lips there for a few second before I whisper loud enough for her ear's only "Angel, go back in. I will call you, as soon as I get home and settled down. Okay?"

"Promise?" she asks with so much vulnerability that my heart aches.

I pull back and look straight at her and say "I promise " I wanted to make sure understood that I was serious and it wasn't an empty promise. 

I let go of her cheek reluctantly. She takes a step back and closes the door. I roll down the window and give her a reassuring smile. Her beautiful eye smile back at me. 

"Bye, angel. I will see you soon." She nods in agreement.

"Bye buttercup see you later" Ciro yells from the front seat before he head out.