Season 1: Chapter 24

Season 1

Chapter 24

The green garden and red roses greeted my view. Ramdam ko ang simoy ng sariwang hangin na tumatangay sa aking buhok at bestida. Hilda opened the parasol and block the sunlight from me.

What a hot weather for this day.

I only came to the main palace for a purpose, to meet the queen again because of her summon. Kumurap ako at mabigat na huminga.

Alam kong pinatawag na naman niya ako masuri at mabantayan ako. She expects me now to come to her and obey every of her command. She is taking me for a fool, I see. A part of it is that she wants me to be her puppet, another is that she wants my report of Heiden's actions. What does she even think of me? Good grief, these mother and son are so annoying and bothersome. They never fail to get in my nerves.

I sighed. My gaze went into the bright, blue sky. A familiar face came to sight with my peripheral view. Agad akong tumingin sa aking kaliwa.

"Your Highness?" I blurted out. He stopped and glanced at my direction. I saw how his eyes widened a bit. I quickly went towards him before he can run away from me. "What a coincidence." I greeted. Hindi niya itinago ang kanyang pagka-irita. His lips pouted a bit. Napatingin ako sa kanyang mayordomong kasama. I just gave him a nod before turning to Rionsky.

"What are you doing here? Hindi ba at dapat ay may mga klase ka pa? Did you escape?" He gave me a smug look. Pinagkrus niya ang kanyang mga braso.

Does he have to always gave me that gesture whenever he sees me?

"Me? Escape? A daughter of a duke escapes from lessons? That is hardly." I pointed at myself and shrugged. "The teachers tell me that I already excel at it." My eyes squinted as I showed him a smile. He simply rolled his eyes. A sudden felt of dangerous chill made my skin hair stand. Nawala din ito kaagad. Napataas ang aking mga balikat nang hindi pa rin mawala ang pakiramdam na iyon.

It felt so intense and dangerous.

Pasimple akong tumingin kay Kerui. He is still smiling with his eyes closed. My lips pressed against each other.

Was it him? The snake who just did that? What is his intention?

"Is that so? Then what are you doing here? You should be at the White Palace." Inip na sagot ng prinsipe. Bumaling ang aking atensiyon sa kanya at nawala kay Kerui. I calmed myself.

"Just taking a stroll. The queen also invited me for a cup of tea."

"Ah, I remember that she was the one who wanted you to be her daughter-in-law. Of course, the queen would entertain you." He sarcastically said. I blinked twice.

"Do you hate the queen, Your Highness?" A sudden dangerous aura from him. He gave me a cold look. I did not budge.

Of course, that was a yes. Why was I asking the obvious?

"Who are you to ask that?" Malamig na sagot niya. Napalunok ako nang marahan.

He is so overwhelming. Walang-wala ang naramdaman ko kanina.

"That is right. I am overstepping my bounds. Please grant me forgiveness." I gently said. His aura suddenly changed into before.

That was fast.

Kumurap siya at umiwas ng tingin.

"W-Well, I will tell you since you want to know. I am not telling you this because I like you, in any case you assume it again." He cleared his throat. "She... the queen... I do not really think of her as one. She is not fit for it. And I am not the who hates her, she is." I listened.