Season 1: Chapter 25

Season 1

Chapter 25

“Greetings, my lady. I am Snow Arbella. Thank you for inviting me today.” She gracefully bowed. I remained my head high. Nakangiti pa rin siya habang nakayuko. She has been bowing for seconds.

Should I let her sit now?

I bit my lower lip.

She will probably think I am rude when that happens. Ang balak ko pa naman sana ay maging kaibigan niya. I will use her as a shield when Heiden decides to put his sword on my neck. Sly.

“Take a seat.” Tango ko. Mababa pa rin ang tingin ng amarilyo niyang mga mata. She carefully sat.

“Of how can I be of help to my lady?” Mahinano niyang ani. I tilted my head a bit.

Here it is.

Kumurap ako.

“I have particularly asked for you, Miss Snow. To be honest, I want to ask for your advice.”

“Advice, my lady?” Kumunot ang kanyang noo.

“I plan to hold a gathering for ladies, you see, and I want the garden to be decorative with flowers. Maganda at maayos ang kalidad ng iyong mga bulaklak. I want to use those from where you work at.” Paliwanag ko.

It was just an excuse. The gathering for the party is true but this is just so I can meet Snow. My plan is to be close to her and make her like me as her precious friend. I know she is not dumb so I will take it slow. This will be all for my survival. Kung hindi ito gagana ay may iba naman akong paraan upang hindi mamatay. Right now, I just want to deal with burdensome things.

“It is such a pleasure to receive a compliment from you, my lady. May I ask, why did you picked me?” Binaba ko ang hawak na tasa sa lamesa.

As I expected, she figured it out. I just requested for the shop owner that I want Snow to deal with my party. I did even tell the owner that it should be Snow and that I do not want her to know that I exclusively picked her so she will not find it suspicious. Bribing the owner was easy. Money rules the world. It seems like the money I gave her was a waste. Nalaman na rin naman pala ni Snow.

“I just felt like it. You were the one who assisted me when when I visited the first time there.” Sumingkit ang aking mga mata nang pilit akong ngumiti. She blinked twice and she bowed her head a bit. Ibinalik niya ang kanyang tingin sa akin.

“Thank you, my lady.” She gave me a nod. I secretly scoffed.

“Be comfortable, you can ask for what you want. After all, you are a beloved guest.”

“Yes, my lady. I humbly appreciate it.” She gave out a dazzling smile.

As I expected, the female lead’s beauty is out of the world. It is not surprising, she is a protagonist, after all. She can even make men go crazy with her looks. Now that I think about it, why did Heiden fell for her again? Was it her looks or her kind and gentle treatment?

I grunted.

How annoying.

She gave me details and advices in what I should decorate for the garden since it will be held there. I just went by those that caught my eye. She really does give an amazing service. Looks like it was not exaggerated.

“As expected from Miss Snow.” Ani ko.

“Please freely call me Snow.”

“Then, Snow.” I rested my head on my palm. I leaned back on the sofa. “I want to hear your story.” Ngumisi ako.

“Pardon? My story?” She said, startled.

“I want to know more about you. I want us to be close, is that all right?” Tumabingi ako. She smiled.

“Of course, my lady. If not, it would surely be displeasing for you since I am but a commoner.” She retorted. Tumaas ang aking kilay.

“That means nothing to me. I am not that kind of person.” I sarcastically answered.

“Y-Yes, my lady. I am sorry for offending you.” Bumaba ang kanyang mukha. She pursed her lips a bit.

“Well, then. Mind to tell me your story?” I dismissed her forgiveness. She started the time since her childhood.

Like what is written on the book, she was orphaned and worked by herself in a secluded village for her living. When she turned sixteen, she moved to the capital to find a stable and fine living, also to have a change of pace. She was captured by some people and sold to an auctioneer.

“Oh, it must have been hard for you to adjust here.” I acted concerned.

I do not really care about her background. It was merely an act of interest for her to show that I really want to be close to her. Her story is too cliche, it is boring.

“No, not at all, my lady.” She shook her head. Mahinhin siyang ngumiti at napatingin sa ere. She is acting as if she is reminiscing. “After I was almost auctioned, the man who saved me became acquainted with me. He always come by sometimes to hang out with me.” She became a bit flustered. Her cheeks reddened a bit. She bit her lower lip. Ngumiti siya na parang na-amor. It irked me for some reason.

Why does it feel like she is bragging about it?

“You fancy him.” Maiksi kong ani.

“Is that so, my lady? I am not really sure. I just think that it is a great feeling.” She said. It was like a bright light shone upon her. I hid my grimace.

“Good for you. Is he a mercenary?”

“I think so, my lady.”

“You think so?” Itinago ko ang aking ngisi sa aking ngiti. “What would you do if you find out his real identity?” In the book, she found it out in the second arc. I wonder what will change if she finds it sooner.

“Whatever happens, happens then, my lady. Que sera sera.” Kaswal niyang sagot. She shrugged her shoulders as if she was saying she does not care about what happens to that. Itinago ko ang aking pag-ismid.

She really irks me. Bagay nga sila ng pangalawang prinsipe. They both are annoying.

“You are quite romantic.” How dumb.

“How about my lady?” Hindi ko napigilan ang aking pagtaas ng kilay sa kanyang tanong.

“What?”

“Do you fancy someone? I heard you were engaged with the duke of house Kallon, or is it the second prince?” This talk again. I am getting tired of it.

Bumuntong-hininga ako at ipinikit ko ang aking mga mata. I slowly opened my eyes. My eyes closed when I gave her a meaningful smile, behind it is an annoyed expression.

”Not really. The duke is my friend while I do not have any interest towards the second prince.”

“Oh, that is fine, my lady. You will soon experience your spring.” Palihim akong napasinghal.

“Right.” I forced a smile. We talked about some more of that talk. It was already evening when we noticed. I was exhausted of the talk that I want to dismiss her but cannot since I am building my good terms with her. I sighed in relief.

After this, I will soak in my bathtub.

“Goodbye, my lady. I hope you will invite me again.” She curtly bowed before one of my maids see her to the outside.

“Yes. Be careful.” Ngumiti ako. I was cursing her in the inside but I pretended to not be. I bid her a nod. The night came quickly than before. I am soaking in the bathtub full of warm milk. Hilda knocked before entering my room. Kinunotan ko siya nang makita ang irita niyang expresiyon.

What must it be?

“The second prince has arrived, my lady.” Umirap ako sa narinig.

I am so tired. I dealt with his beloved earlier, and now is him. Sino naman ang susunod? Ang kanyang ina? Give me a break.

“Again? Is it not getting more frequent than before? Isang beses sa kada linggo. Is he keeping me in check?” Napangisi ako sa inis. I got up from the tub and wore my bathrobe. I sighed and laid on my soft bed. I felt Davidron’s presence outside my room. Hinintay niya muna ako na matapos magbabad sa tubid upang makapasok.

“Milady, it’s best to avoid him.” He said. Pumunta ang aking kamay sa aking ulo. I covered my eyes from the bright chandelier. Ipinikit ko ang aking mga mata.

“Oh, Davidron. You know that will not do. I am his fiancee despite how he treats me, after all.” Pagod akong sumarkastiko. I blinked twice.

“Hilda, hanggang kailan siya paparito?”

“It may take until next week.”

“I see.” I smirked. “You know what to do, right?” I glanced at her. She gave me a quick nod and left my room.

A day after, I was yet summoned again by the queen for a simple meeting. It will be just the two us again, talking about how I do well in the White Palace and reports about his son.

The crown prince caught my attention, his back is facing me. It seems like he is talking to some aristocrats about something.

Mukhang napapadalas ata ang pagdalaw niya sa pangunahing palasyo. Is something going on? Well, let us find out.

Lumapit ako.

“Your High---”

“I think it will be best not to bother His Highness, my lady.” His butler appeared beside me. Bumaling ang aking atensiyon sa kanya. Bumuka ang kanyag singkit na mga mata at ngumiti siya sa akin.

“Kerui.” I guess he is right.

I glanced at Rionsky’s direction again. Nakikipag-usap pa rin siya sa mga opisyales.

“Yes, my lady. His Highness is currently busy. He cannot talk to you at the moment.” Kumurap ako.

“I see. Then I must go now. I do not want to bother him especially when is busy.” Sinuklian ko siya ng ngiti.

I should not get deeply entangled with him. He gives me an eerie feeling.

Tumalikod na ako. Hilda followed me meters from behind. Ganoon din si Davidron.

“My lady, if you don’t mind. Please take this servant with you when you are unentertained. I can guide you throughout the palace.” He said before I took my leave.

“No need. I do not want to bother you, too.” I excused.

“It is fine, my lady. His Highness will allow it.” He persistently said. Davidron attempted to go closer to me but I gave him a look. Napatigil siya at bumalik sa posisyon.

“Are you sure? He might need you anytime.”

“There are other servants beside me, my lady.” I secretly grunted of his answer.

“If you insist so.” I answered him a smile. As he said, he toured me around the main palace. It has been quite a long time and I feel like he is purposely dragging the time around.

Does he like being with me? May nais ba siyang sabihin sa akin? Should we go back already? Baka hinahanap na rin siya ni Rionksy.

I was lost in my thoughts when he called me for my attention.

“My lady.”

“What is the matter?” Nang tumingin ako sa kanya ay malapit ang mukha niya sa akin. I pursed at his handsome face. I mentally sighed.

I should get used to good-looking voices. That cannot be my weakness.

Lumunok ako at marahang lumayo ng kaunti. I creased my brows. He smiled again. Lumapit muli siya sa akin.

What is his deal? He is making me uncomfortable.

“A leaf fell in your hair, my lady. Please allow me to remove it from your precious hair.”

“Oh.” I blinked twice. Napahawak ako sa aking buhok upang tanggalin ang dahon. He leaned towards me. I felt him touch my hair. Nang matanggal niya ang dahon ay binigyan ulit niya ako ng ngiti.

“I am sorry for my act, my lady.”

“No, I am thankful for it.” I gave him a nod. I pursed my lips when he did not draw away. “Can I have my space?” I initiated. Nakita ko ang pagtaas ng kilay niya. A smirk rose from the side of his lips.

“Please excuse me for that. I do not have any unprecedented intentions.” He gave me my space. I snorted. “By the way, my lady.”

“Yes?”

”Are you getting along with the second prince?” Kumunot ang aking noo.

”Yes. Why do you ask?” We are awfully getting along with our hate relationship.

“I have heard some disdainful rumors that he does not treat you well. This servant is merely worried, my lady.” A glimpse of a predator from his eyes. Sumama ang aking tingin sa kanya. I looked on the other side.

“Thank you. There is no need for concern. We are getting along just fine. We even spend time with each other.” Ani ko.

“Have he done anything to you, my lady?” I smirked at his question.

I should drive him away sooner.

Napahawak ako sa aking mga labi.

“Like what? Being alone with him in a room or physical contacts? Well, there is nothing wrong with that. We are to be wed, after all.” My eyes squinted as I purposely said that he should not carelessly get close to me.

“My lady.” Tumahimik siya pagkatapos. “Are you not afraid that I might leak what you have said?”

“There is no way you would do that.” Suminghal ako. I tilted my head. “A fine man like you would not, right?” I opened my fan and covered half of my face. Lumapit ako sa kanya. “Kerui.” His face darkened as he looked at me.

“This fine man might do undignified things to you, my lady.” He whispered. I did not budge. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin ng umayos siya at muling ngumiti. It was as if he did not do anything bad. Malapit pa rin ang kanyang mukha sa akin kaya iniwas ko ang aking tingin. “Please remember that.” He playfully said. Tumaas ang aking tingin nang makita ang pamilyar na pigura. The crown’s prince eyes widened. His face hinted surprise. Kumurap ako.

Did he just saw that?

I cleared my throat and fixed myself. I curtly bowed before looking at him. Sa kabila na siya nakatingin habang tinatakpan ang mukha gamit ang isa niyang kamay. Hindi maitago ang pagkunot ng kanyang mukha. I saw how his fists balled. He glared at me. He scoffed and smirked.