43

Dion had left early in the morning for work which left me all alone for the rest of the day again. A bitter taste say in my tongue as I made my way to the bathroom, turning on the lights to look at my face in the mirror. I know I had no right to stop him from going to his job but I couldn't help the pang in my chest every time he kissed me goodbye or mentioned a future meeting he had to go to.

A sigh left my lips as I tried to shake off the sad and I grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing, "Fih ore face ow!" I send myself a glare before spitting out my toothpaste, "You are going to have a good day with your friend!" I snap at myself before letting out a slow sigh, "I'd choose Dion over a friend any day.." I shake my head and continue getting ready for the day.

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I grabbed my keys off the dresser. I had put on my favorite knee high black boots, a smooth pair of jeans, red sweater, and fur coat Dion insisted I needed to have. I reach up and touch my bare neck, "Hmm..." I hum softly and look to my jewelry, "None of these look right.." Before I could look through again, soft knocking came from my door.

"Cheeto!" I squeal and hurriedly grab my purse and phone before rushing it the door. I stop just before it and it takes everything in me as I scramble to seem cool and relaxed but my leg wouldn't stop bouncing as I thought of my friend. "Hey! Stop it!" I whisper yell as I point to my leg and watch it stop but it only made my hands shake excitedly, "Cool it! Calm and cool!" I remind myself before unlocking the door and pulling it open for Gianna who wore a sweatshirt and her red hair down this time.

A smile almost ripped my face in half as we stared at each other. "Hey.." She broke the silence and I could barely talk, "H-Hi.." I give her a little wave and watch her lips lift up to a smile, "You all excited.. lookin like a chihuahua." She chuckles softly as I nod my head, "Because we are getting food and I get to talk with you more!" I say in a duh tone and watch her eyes lock on mine, "Then C'mon." I step out the door and we stand chest to chest. I look up at her before quickly looking away as she smiles down at me. I close the door with a soft click and lock it before leading her down the hall.

"Is this place far?" She breaks the silence and I shake my head, "It's a really quick walk and the food is super good." I smile widely and watch her nod her head, "So you already know what you finna get?" She asks and I nod my head again, "Chocolate chip pancakes!" My mouth salivated at the idea of the warm gooey goodness that was soon to satisfy my never ending craving for chocolate.

"Shiiid.. Imma get that too then." She shrugs as we make our way out the front doors. I gasp at the rush of cold air, "What the heck!" I curse under my breath and hear Gianna laugh. It was so smooth but deep yet also held this slight rasp to it.

I didn't realize we were staring at each other until she pulled me into her side, "Let's go, Shorty. It's cold and I wanna eat." She doesn't hesitate to lead me down the sidewalk. I smile and slightly lean into her, "How are you so warm? I'm freezing!" She chuckles, "Because I'm so damn hot.. All the Baddies out here know it." I laugh and nod my head, "So you're well known around here?" She shrugs, "I like to lay low.. but I pop out when I need to." I hum softly and stuff my cold hands in my pocket, "I like to lay low too.. It's much more peaceful that way." I could feel her eyes in my as I kept mine straight, "Peaceful.. Yeah.." she agrees softly before looking forward again.

The shop glowed a warm yellow as we got closer and closer. It's familiar name in cursive white font on the front glass made me squeal, "Oh my gosh! We're here!!" I grab her hand and practically drag her across the street, earning cuss words from Drivers and people around us. "Shut that shit up!" Gianna yells at a driver who flipped us off before flipping him off right back, "Pussy!" She screams after the car and my eyes widen as she turns back to me, her nostrils flared and her lips a pout, "Go 'head." She nodded towards the shop doors and I comply quickly, hoping to fix her mood that I just ruined.

"I'm such a dummy!" I scold myself in my head before a waiter came up to us, a smile on his face, "Table for two?" I nod my head quickly, "Can we have a window seat?" I point to a specific back table and he nods his head, "No problem! Just follow me." He leads us to our table before placing the menus down for us, "Any drink to start y'all off with?" He looks between us as we take our seats, "We want chocolate chip pancakes. I'll take a water too." Gianna speaks first and he looks to me, "Water please." I give him a small smile and he quickly writes down our order, "I'll be back with your food." I give him a small thank you before turning to Gianna who was watching me.

"You so nice.." She speaks up and I shrug, "I can't help it to be honest. I was a nurse and it just happens.. I rather be nice anyway." She hums softy, "And why did you stop?.." Her arms cross as she leans closer, "Somebody I was with didn't like that.. he got upset easily so I quit.." I keep my voice light as I shrug slowly, "I don't like seeing people in pain too much anyway. It was for the better." She scoffed, "I'll fight that nigga no cap.. Send me his addy." I laughed softly but she didn't, her eyes serious, "I'm deadass." My eyes widen as I quickly shake my head, "It's okay! I'm good now and my new boyfriend treats me a million times better." I try to wave it off but she narrows her eyes, "Aight. If I find out he hurt you, I'm beating his ass." I nod my head quickly and watch her relax again.

"In all honesty, I don't know where my ex is.. I got a job in a company and he ended up working there then one day he never came back and I never saw him again.." I tap my chin lightly and watch her eyes darken for a moment, "Your boyfriend prolly killed him." She mumbles and I quickly shake my head, "Dion is the sweetest thing in the whole world! He wouldn't do that!" I quickly defend but the back of my conscious knew better.

Would he?

She shrugs, "You right.. I would have though." She said it so nonchalantly. As if killing someone didn't bother her the least bit. "Why would he hurt you?.. You're so nice.." She mumbled softly as her cheek moves to rest on her arm, "You're too nice." Her eyes drag up to mine and I give her a small smile, "I don't know why he did it.. but I'm happy again. I have Dion and he makes me so happy.. I don't think I could move on if I lost him.. honestly." I could feel my cheeks warm as my eyes dropped to my lap.

Soft fingers touched my chin as she moved my face up to look at her, "How can you forgive so easily?" I frown slightly.

Why do I forgive so easily?..

It took everything in me not to look away, "I-I guess I'm just nice like you said!" I shrug but I could tell she didn't believe me as she sighed softly and let my chin go, "I don't want you to hurt anymore." She sighed softly and I shrug, "Well life is unpredictable.. I'll be hurt again eventually. I'll just have to deal with it and move on.. again." I give her a warm smile and for a second her eyes almost looked glassy. "What if I hurt you?" My brows knotted together as I placed a hand on her arm, "Why would you hurt me, Gianna? You're my friend." I give her a small smile, "You wouldn't hurt me on purpose, silly." I chuckle softly and watch as she looks away from me.

Her eyes held a weird emotion in them.

Pain. Regret. Sadness.

I could recognize those quickly from memories of my own reflection. They swirled slowly in her dark brown orbs as she watched the busy city outside, "Don't hate me.." I could barely hear it as it left her lips. I frown, "Wha-"

"Two chocolate chip pancakes!" The waiter announces as he gets back to the table. I watch as he puts our plates down, "Thanks." I smile at him and watch Gianna sit back up. As the waiter leaves, I grab her hand gently, squeezing it, "I trust you. I know you won't hurt me." I give her a small smile.

The guilt never leaves her face as she looks to the table, "But I will."

______________

HEY YALL!!!!

What y'all think about this chapter?? 👀👀