44

Our little brunch started off a little sad but I was able to quickly flip it around and brighten the mood again with medical stories that Gianna for some reason really enjoyed.

"And then I told the man that I can't wash his butt because that's not my job and he tried to force the sponge in my HAND, GiGi!" I hold up my hand and her own flies to her mouth, "Bitch!-" I nod my head quickly, "I know! And I had to run outta there to find his nurse because that man was so sickly and he had to be million years old!" The memory made a shiver run down my spine and I wanted to cry at the thought. Giana cackled across from me, her hand hitting the table, "Why the fuck you even walk in the room?!" I hold my hands up in defense, "They gave me the wrong room number! I work with babies and kids only!" I shake my head and shove a pancake angrily in my mouth.

"I could never be a doctor or a nurse, bro. I'm too mean and Iont like bad ass little kids." She shakes her head and fake gags, "Gremlins eat dirt and play in they poop. Iont want any." I laugh and shake my head, "What if your future boo wants some kids?" I give her a pointed look and she shrugs, "Well do you?" I nod my head, "Yeah I want a whole football t-" I pause as my eyes widen. Gianna bursts out laughing as my cheeks start to grow warm, "Stop thaaaat!" I whine and shove the rest of my pancakes in my mouth angrily.

She shakes her head as she settles down, "Aight, shorty. I'm done... you ready?" She leans forward, her eyes locking in mine as her lips lift with a small smile. I nod my head, "You gonna walk me back?" I coyly fake blush and save a hand at her, "I must be special." She rolled her eye as she god up, "Nah you just little and Iont want you gettin snatched up." Her voice dripped with sarcasm, making me giggle and get up from my chair, "I guess I'm just gonna have to get snatched up then.. Rather walk alone then with a meanie." I shake my head sadly and grab my purse, before making my way to the front, hiding my smile as Gianna gets up and follows behind me.

"Stop following me." I pout at her and walk to the cashier, paying for our food with Dion's card. She scoffs, "Nah I was def just leaving the building." She plays smoothly and makes her way beside me. I smile at the employee as I get Dion's card back and look back to Gigi who was glaring at the man. I pout, "Well I wanna walk alone.. maybe get snatched up for fun.. so I'm gonna need you to stay at least twenty feet away." I stick my tongue out and watch her shake her head, "Twenty feet? That's not far enough for m-" "I can walk you back to your place." The employee speaks up, a shy smile on his face.

I give him a small smile, "I-I was just teasing.. Thank you though." He shakes his head, "Nah I'm bout to get off work so lemme walk wit y'all." He didn't even wait for a response before he walked away. "Fuck no. Let's go." Gianna grabs my hand and pulls me towards the door but I plant my feet, "Noooo! We can make a new friend!!" I smile excitedly but she doesn't return it, a sour pout in her lips, "Iont want any other nigga hanging with us." She grumbles and moves to pull me again but the familiar face peeks around the corner again, earning a groan from her.

His right blue eyes were sparkling as his black hair messily covered half his face with curls. I had to peek through just to see if he was looking at me, "Aight where we goin?" He hurriedly pushed on his jacket before stopping in front of me. I could barely contain my excitement, "I'm going that way and she's stalking me until I get there." I point to the direction of the apartment and he hums softly, "That's where the rich folk live.. You got bread?" He looks down at me and I quickly shake my head, "No its my boyfriends money." I watch him nod his head slowly, "Aight then you lead the way, sugar baby."

Making friends is so fun! Why hadn't I done this before?!

I didn't need to be told twice as I lead them both out the door, "Hi I'm Jocelyn and this is Gianna!" I introduce us and Gianna rolls her eyes as he smiles at me, "I'm Jayden but you can call me Jay." He nudges me gently with his elbow and I quickly nod my head, "O-Okay! Then you can call me Lyn!" I felt like a hall of joy as I watched him chuckle softly, his cheeks tinting pink. "Since we're close now.." He reaches for my hand but Gianna slaps it away. "She doesn't like being touched.." She snaps and squeezes her way between us. Her eyes shot daggers at him as he stared at her nervously, "Oh my bad!.. haha I don't mean to be like that.." He throws up his hands and she doesn't respond before reaching down and grabbing my hand tight.