Chapter 30

The very next day, Hala rushed into Celine's chambers early in the morning. She lifted Celine's sheets and shook her body awake. Hala raised her voice as she announced Sir Viliga's sudden visit.

Celine was barely awake to process Hala's urgent news and slowly rubbed her eyes, blankly staring at the panicking woman before her.

"... My father...?" She asked before widening her eyes in shock.

Hala was saddened by her lady's lack of parental guidance. Even though she had grown to be a beautiful and kind woman, Hala's heart still broke for Celine's younger self. She secretly cursed Sir Viliga for abandoning Celine and not allowing her to experience true love from a family. Therefore, this piece of news had shocked Hala greatly. She didn't know whether she should cry or seethe in anger. 

She shook her thoughts away and smiled bitterly. "Yes, your grace. He just sent a letter that arrived today. He will be here in the afternoon."

"It's too early for this."

Celine's head buzzed with confusion and disbelief. He was visiting now? After 16 years? Was she supposed to welcome him with open arms?

I don't think so.

Celine released a heavy sigh, wondering what prompted this man to suddenly visit her out of the blue.

"I wonder if it's because of the rumors I've been subjected to." She wondered aloud.

"My lady, perhaps Sir Viliga wants to form a bond with his only daughter?" Hala was slightly hopeful, and her innocent brown eyes shined brightly as she imagined Celine forming a close bond with her estranged father. 

Celine didn't want to disappoint or hurt Hala since she could be quite sensitive. Sometimes Hala seemed to experience certain emotions for Celine, who was indifferent about many things. Celine knew that Hala was depressed for her master, who grew up alone in the palace. Fortunately, Celine was not the teenage girl who desperately craved her father's approval and affection. Celine never considered Sir Viliga to be her father, especially since she had another family she cherished greatly. 

She merely nodded at Hala's words, and returned to her deep slumber. She woke up late in the afternoon and proceeded to go about her day slowly. She did not prepare for his visit ahead of time and merely received him once he arrived.

****

Celine sat besides Prince Zayden at their designated spot deep within the library. They heard a clamor of shoes against the marble floor and saw Hala rushing towards them. 

"Sir Viliga is waiting underneath the terrace!" She ran towards the pair and beckoned Celine to follow her.

Prince Zayden placed his hand over Celine's in alarm, with shock written across his face.

She smiled sheepishly. "Oops... I forgot to mention that my father wanted to see me. Exciting, right?"

He frowned and gently rubbed the back of her hand. "Will you be okay?"

Celine stood up from her seat and retracted her hand from his touch. "Of course. He's so irrelevant to my life that I just forgot to mention it to you."

"I'll go with you then." He reached out for her again, but Celine was already walking away with Hala.

"Thank you for the offer, but I feel the need to meet with him alone. Don't worry though, he can't touch me because I have Draco." She gave him one last reassuring smile before disappearing completely, leaving Zayden alone in the vast library.