Dreams - Jonathan x Reader

Warnings: Implied part 1 spoilers... but if y'all really need this warning, why are you reading this book?

~~~~~~

"Go long," you heard Jonathan shout.

You giggled to yourself as you watched a rugby ball emerge over the crest of the hill you were trekking up before it disappeared again. Of course Jonathan would be teaching him how to play.

You reached the top of the hill and took a deep breath in. You placed your hand on your stomach, round and protruding thanks to the pregnancy. You smiled as you looked down at the scene in the valley below.

By the river, your son, Jorge, caught the rugby ball Jonathan had just tossed. The catch was clumsy and awkward, but it was still an achievement, considering he was only four. You watched the child stumble a bit as the force of the ball knocked him off balance.

"Jonathan, go easy on him," you complained.

Jonathan's heart immediately began racing in his chest when he heard your voice. He turned his head to look at you and beamed a huge smile. He simply adored you, and every single moment you were around brought him immeasurable joy.

"(Y/N), I thought you were resting," Jonathan said simply as you practically waddled down the hill.

You stopped beside him and grabbed onto his arm for stability, placing your other hand on top of your stomach. You took a few deep breaths before smiling at him.

"Being all alone in the house is hardly any fun," you complained.

"Mama! Mama!" Jorge cried, dropping the ball and racing towards you. He immediately engulfed your legs in a hug and you chuckled.

"How are my two favorite boys doing today?" You asked, reaching down and ruffling the hair on top of Jorge's head.

"Papa is teaching me how to play rugby," Jorge exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh, really? I'd love to watch," you told him with a smile.

"What do you think? Should we show your mom how good you are?" Jonathan joked. Jorge nodded quickly, his head bobbing up and down at a speed so fast it nearly blurred your vision.

Jonathan told Jorge to go get the ball from where he last dropped it. While your child ran off, Jonathan gave you a delicate kiss on your forehead. He led you back to the hill and helped you sit on the slight incline. By the time you were seated, Jorge was back with the ball.

You watched with delight as Jonathan and your son threw the ball back and forth. You clapped every time Jorge caught the ball, showering him with love and praise. He seemed quite proud of himself when he threw the ball especially hard and it flew past Jonathan's shoulder.

"You're even better than me!" Jonathan told the boy as he went to go retrieve the ball.

Young Jorge beamed with pride and you smiled. Jonathan was quite the family man. While he was gifted in many things, being a father was something he was exceptionally good at. That, and being a good husband.

Whenever Jonathan wasn't throwing or catching the ball, he would sneak glances at you. He thanked his lucky stars every day for bringing you into his life. He adored you more than any words could ever describe, or any actions could ever convey. His love was exponential: growing every day.

The blue sky faded into orange as dusk fell upon you. The cool evening blew a breeze over your shoulders and you shivered.

"We should be getting back home. It's nearly dinner time," you interrupted.