Always something there to remind me

(Episode 3.) Always something there to remind me.

) Always something there to remind me

"I wanna be an art major."

Lucas and I were finally hanging out alone after what felt like forever. Alexa and Katie were at Wired, Dave was at work, and Lori was upstairs but came down every 5 minutes to check on us and ask if we needed any snacks, obviously scared of leaving two teenagers alone.

I flopped onto the couch with a sigh and Lucas flopped right down next to me. He turned to me and said, "God, I feel like we haven't hung out alone since we started dating."

"I know." I responded. "I've just always been distracted with Alexa and Katie and You've been distracted with College, we just haven't found any time. Now Katie has me stressed over college."

"What are you going to do for college?"

"Well, I've never told anyone because I just felt that no one really cared, I mean all the attention was usually on Alexa and Katie. I mean Alexa had stuff going on in her life and obviously everyone's focus was on her and then Katie had London, and you know college and theatre. No one ever stopped to ask if I was okay or what I wanted to do." I admitted.

Lucas gave me a sad look before he asked me, "Well, what do you want to do?"

"I wanna study art. I wanna be an Art Major. You know, my art teacher says I have a pretty good shot at getting into Yale University. Supposedly they have a great art program. But going to Yale university means being away from you, and Alexa and Katie, and my family. I'm not sure if i'm ready to leave. I have one more year of high school and then it's all over. I'm not gonna lie to you, Lucas, I'm scared." I told him, getting teary eyed.

"You know, it doesn't matter how far away you go. I'll still love you." He admitted. I froze when he said he loved me. He froze as well when he thought his words over in his mind. He opened his mouth before I cut him off.

"I love you too." I smiled at him. I reached up and put my hand on his cheek and guided his lips down to mine. He put his hand on my waist as we kissed. I moved my arms to rest around his neck. We continued kissing until we heard Lori coming down the stairs. We lept apart from each other and Lucas turned on the T.V, giving me a small smirk as Lori asked us if we needed anything. I felt my face heat up as a bright red blush spread across it.

(So i looked up some colleges that had good art programs and i was stuck between UCLA or Yale University. The internet could be wrong about this being a good college for art but we are going to stick with it!)

"I'm back!" Dave announced as he walked in the front door. I was sitting at the kitchen table doing my homework while Lucas was across from me also doing his work. He was currently pretending his books were drums.

"I couldn't wait to get home and work on the gazebo." Dave said. Ah, the gazebo. You know, the one that Lori and Dave decided they wanted in the backyard so Dave took on the project. "Well, and to see you." He corrected as he walked away from the back door and towards Lori.