Chapter 18

The sunglasses he wore reflected the island that we were approaching with high speed on the boat as 2 other boats were surrounding him, trying to stop him. The water hit him in the face as a man approaches him. "The blockade is moving into position. Both ships will have us in a clear shot," the man announces. "They won't shoot yet. The GS will wait until they make it to land before they do anything," Agent R explains. "We're just going to have to move faster than they can react. Don't-"

Before Agent R could finish his sentence, a bullet shot at them but missed, hitting the boat with a long high pitch ring. Agent R pushes the man to the ground and ducks himself as the guards continue to shoot at them, the two quickly run inside. Agent R quickly turns up the speed as the man prepares a speed boat for Agent R to take. "Go!" The man yells and takes over the controls, noticing that the boat is starting to catch on fire as the guards continue to shoot without hesitation.

Agent R seemed hesitant but doesn't say a word as he gets in the boat and rides off before the boat explodes. The guards stop shooting before the dark smoke cleared as they notice Agent R on the boat and continue to shoot again. Agent R rides the boats in a zig-zag motion to avoid their bullet, going to fast to stop as he was close to the island.

He continues to ride the boat onto the sand before it flips as Agent R goes flying out, grabbing his suitcase in time as he lands on the land. Agent R quickly gets back up and runs, going to hide behind a rock. He suddenly felt a shiver go up his spine as he turns around, ready to attack before Garroth puts up his hands.

"Stop, they sent me to get you," Garroth announces, "Let's go then!" Agent R says as he follows Garroth. They both run into the old house that Garroth and everyone else lived in and goes upstairs. The two finally came to a stop as they were catching their breath, Agent R looks around, seeming confused on how empty and messy the place seemed to be, "I was told to meet here, where is everyone, and why is this place so messy? Did you get attacked?" Agent R asks.

"We moved to a different place before the guardian forces got here. Derek knew it would be the best idea. After they got there they searched every corner of this place," Garroth explains. "If you are the person that Derek sent for, do you have it? Whatever is it?" Garroth asks. Agent R nods and goes to hand over Garroth the briefcase, but before he could do so, the two jumped when hearing the doors being broken down. They quickly go to hide as the 5 guards storm into the house, going through the house separately.

Agent R hides behind the dining room counter as a guard enters the room, Agent R quickly jumps the guy and tackles him to the ground. As another guard was about to enter, Garroth quickly grabs him throws him to the wall, the man being knocked out cold. The guards hear the crash as Garroth and Agent R quickly goes to jump down the balcony, which wasn't high from the ground as they landed safely. The two quickly start making their way to the hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aphmau walks down the boardwalk, having her hood up as she was carrying a bag of groceries. Aphmau stops at a screen as the PA intercom speaks again.

"Good evening Starlight guest. We hope you're enjoying you're staying here on the island
Understand that we are well aware of the circumstances that have occurred on the island and will be willing to compensate for your unplanned extended stay."

The rest sounded muffled to Aphmau as she just stared at the pictures being shown on screen, a picture of her and Aaron walking together, a picture of Rachel and Derek at the beach, a picture of Melissa at the store, and another of Zane standing in line. Each picture has the words "WANTED" in red and all caps.

Aphmau sighs and continues walking, making her way to the hotel but doesn't enter through the front door. She goes to an alley and goes through the back, Aphmau knocks on the door 3 times, pauses, 2 more times, pauses again, and knocks 4 more times. Zane opens the door for Aphmau, letting her enter as they go upstairs to their floor.