Guilt

Content Warning: Mature sexual content, strong language, Rape/Non-consensual
___________________________________

Of course. Nothing could go his way, something had to inconvenience him. The universe had it all planned out from the beginning; trying to make every instance uncomfortable, turning every nuance into something unbearable. He knew that this would be awkward. But again, he had to please everyone. Being an annoyance isn't on his to-do list.

George got into the passenger seat, letting the door slam behind him. He buckled his seatbelt in and waited for Alex to start driving. For some strange reason he became nervous, his heartbeats became deep; almost painful. He fumbled with his fingers and with the hem of his shirt. George looked away from Alex as he pulled out of the driveway and into the street. He can't stop replaying the moment when he asked him out; the embarrassment was too much. He wondered if Alex could feel the tension filling the air. He looked out the window trying to look distracted - this stupid trip had to end.

"So, are you a big fan of drinking?" Alex broke the piercing silence that consumed the car. It was so thick, his words were like a hot knife cutting through butter. George took a second trying to put together some words.

"Uhh, I don't mind drinking, it's okay." God, he realized how stupid he sounded. He waited for Alex to respond. He felt like he was bracing for impact.

"Nice! Me too. I really like going hard sometimes, but maybe not this time." He laughed. George painfully forced out a laugh along with him.

"Have you had American drinks before? Or liquor?" At least he was avoiding the topic George didn't want to face.

"No, I don't drink that often." George looked out the window.

"Alright cool."

Silence ensued. The silence seemed better than the a actual conversation at hand. He just wanted Alex to drive.

"So, um ..."

Please, just drive to the fucking store.

George had a sick feeling of what was about to happen. He squeezed his hand. His knuckles turned white.

"About the other day ..."

Please no.

"Are you still up for it?"

What the hell.

George wanted to scream. What was he supposed to say? He internally groaned. Maybe acting dumb would help; prolong the inevitable.

"Up for what?" George responded. He put on a convincing confused tone.

"You know, me taking you out? Clay kinda interrupted us," He chuckled, "I mean, I think you're really cute, if you're interested we could try something out?" Alex became shy.

George genuinely didn't know what to say. He clenched his fists, his palms were sweaty. He tried to think of what to say but every word became scrambled. He opened his mouth, but no words came out.

"You don't have to if you don't too, it's fine." Alex's tone become more stern. He sounded disappointed. "I just wanted to let you know I guess."

"I, I don't know, I'm not interested, sorry." He looked out the window. The air became tense, almost hard to breathe in. The rest of the ride to the store was silent. After some time, they finally arrived. Alex found a parking spot near the entrance. They both exited the car and walked through the automatic doors. The fluorescent lights almost blinded George. Alex led the way with a shopping cart.

"I think it's over here."

George walked behind Alex. He noticed how toned he was, especially his legs and arms. His t-shirt was form fitting, revealing his toned muscles. Looking down, his shorts were revealing, showing off his thighs. Alex had a nice golden tan; although his inner thighs were pale. George found that ... attractive.