6 - egyptian war

(y/n)'s pov - 12:14 am

shinsou barged into my room with a wide smile, and no kage tonight. it's kinda funny seeing a y'all boy with messy purple hair and huge eye bags burst into your room, with a smile that goes from ear to ear.

"let's play cards." he simply explains, throwing a deck onto my bed, which bounces slightly.

grabbing more coffee, i set two mugs onto my table side desk and sit across the excited teenager. "i'm down. any game you've got in mind?"

he pulls out the deck, and smoothly shuffled the deck with a ruffle and a bridge (basic casino shuffling), "you know egyptian war?"

"oh, hell yeah. okay, let's go with doubles, sandwiches, and most importantly, no screaming or it's a card penalty." i quickly lay out the rules, as he starts to divide the deck.

quick how to play egyptian war (bad explaining but whatever)
split the deck between all the players and each person lays down a card without looking in a circle going in one direction. if a royal is placed down, the next person has a set number of cards or chances to place down another royal, or the whole pile goes to the person who placed the royal. ace is four cards, king is three, queen is two, and jack is one. doubles are two of the same cards placed in a row, and sandwiches are doubles but with one random card placed inbetween, all players can slap the deck, and the fastest person to slap it gets to take the pile. if you falsely slap, you 'burn' a card and it goes at the bottom of the pile. ultimately, the goal is to get all of the cards in the deck.

let's get into it, shall we?

"loser has to do a favor for the winner." with a mischievous glint to my eyes, i continued, "ladies first" i smirk at shinso, gesturing for him to make the first move.

he places down a card, looking at me for a moment, "aww such a gentleman" eight of clubs

i follow suit (lol) and flip down a card, and we continue to go back and forth

two of clubs

seven of diamonds

three of hearts

eight of spades

queen of hearts

"aha so the first royal finally pops up. don't flub it up shinsou." i tease him, trying to get under his skin slightly.

his tired eyes meet mine, and he starts to place down his cards slowly

four of diamonds

ace of spades

shinsou smirks, "don't get ahead of yourself missy." i roll my eyes, missy? that's new and i don't know how i feel about it >:(

five of hearts

ten of clubs

five of diamonds

as fast as lightning, we both smack the deck in front of us, trying to be faster than our opponent. in case you didn't notice, there was a sandwich in my cards, and therefore the fastest to put their hand on the deck wins the pile.

but who was fastest?

we both anxiously look at our hands on the cards to see... fuck. my hand was hitting shinsous hand, meaning he was faster. i click my tongue in annoyance, letting a flash of annoyance leave my body. no yelling. "you win this battle, but i'll win the war."

he lets out a a deep chuckle, "sureee, whatever you need to tell yourself (l/n)." sarcasm dripping from his hushed low voice. (a/n imagine him whispering with his deep voice and sarcastic for a moment)