21.

Niall's POV.

"Fuck off." I glared at my curly haired mate as I saw him walking towards me. I could feel my anger quickly consume me once again just by one look at his stupid face. 

"Come on Niall. Wasn't not talking to me all weekend enough for you?" Harry scoffed at me. 

"I said fuck off!" I could tell we were attracting attention from nosey little pricks, but I didn't care. When he just stood there staring at me blankly I rolled my eyes and began walking away from him towards my car. 

Geez he's so freaken annoying. 

"Don't be an arse!" He yelled after me. "So we have a crush on the same girl, so what?" Harry shrugged as he caught up to me. Eventually following me to my car. 

"We said what we said, but at the end of the day we're still brothers yeah? You can't possibly be mad at me." I rolled my eyes at his statement. Yeah Harry and I have fought before, but never over a girl. Which is why this was a different kind of fight. 

"You went after her knowing damn well she was mine from the start." I glared at him. I could feel my fists clenching unconsciously by my sides. I wasn't going to hit him though. At least not on school property. 

"I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to be like that alright mate? It was not my intention but then I got to know her Niall." He said. I scoffed at him, disgusted at how my own friend could betray me like this. "Something about her....She's different." He gulped. 

That's it. I want to punch him right here right now. 

"So the fact that she's mine didn't stop you from hitting on her?" I pushed him angrily. 

"She's not yours Niall." Harry scoffed. 

"You're jealous because you know she likes me better." His stupid smirk was plastered on his face after his stupid remark. I wasn't letting him get to me though. I know the power that I hold over her. The way I make her feel is evident. I know I make her nervous and it's because deep down she knows she's fond of me. Though knowing her she's probably in denial about it all. But she'll soon see.

"Oh yeah?" I raised an eyebrow, amused. He has no idea the chemistry Ava and I already have. The kiss we shared that first day we met. It was undeniably good. That deep conversation we had when she came over during the middle of the night. I know I have her. But she's just so stubborn, it wont be easy to get her to admit it to herself. I don't mind a challenge though. 

"We'll see who she likes best after spending time with me." I smirked. 

"Please," Harry chuckled. "You can't get her alone, and you won't." He was teasing me. But little did he know.

My eyes shifted to the familiar figures walking towards us. It was Louis and Ava. I knew the two were already quite good friends but it didn't bother me. Especially because Louis makes a good hype man and he's already expressed how good he thinks she and I would be together. 

Harry's back was facing her, so he had no idea she was coming. In fact it was perfect timing. Him being here. He will get to see her leave with me. That would shut him up real quick. I smirked at the thought and quickly shifted my attention back to him.

"Oi! What's good lads!" Louis exclaimed as they approached us. 

"Ava." Harry smiled as soon as he saw her. He instantly went for a hug, earning a huge glare from me which Louis noticed. He looked at me questioningly before a smirk spread across his lips. 

"You aren't jealous now are you?" Louis whispered in my ear so they wouldn't hear. "Screw you Louis." I shoved him earning a chuckle from him. 

"Ahem." I cleared my throat in order to get the attention of Ava and that idiot who were having a conversation of their own. 

She looked over at me, a smile on her pink lips. I knew that smile was due to the fact that she was speaking to Harry, but I chose to ignore that angry feeling inside of me. 

"We should get going Ava." I smiled at her before glancing at Harry. A confused look on his face. 

Good. Exactly what I wanted to see

"Oh, okay." Ava shyly nodded.  

"Hold on Ava." Harry grabbed her elbow, stopping her before she walked away from him. Don't let it annoy you Niall. I thought to myself.  "You're leaving with Niall?" He asked, his voice now serious. I could tell this came as a shock to him. 

"Yeah. We're going to work on our project." She smiled at him and anyone could tell by the look on his face that he was slightly hurt. Anyone but her. She was so oblivious to everything.
"I'll see you two tomorrow." She smiled before giving Harry a quick hug and then one to Louis as well.

I opened the passenger door for her and I closed it after she got in. I walked over to the trunk of my car where Harry and Louis were standing. She wouldn't be able to hear us from here. 

"So, what was that you were saying about not being able to get her alone?" I cockily raised an eyebrow at Harry knowing I had won this one. He glared at me causing a huge smirk to form on my lips. He wasn't expecting this at all. And it felt good to see him in disbelief. Serves him right. 

I understood why he was upset though. I don't know what it was about her. But from the moment I laid my eyes on her she was so captivating. Her personality sweet and innocent, but still mysterious that you want more. Her beauty leaves all the guys in awe. Which is why I don't blame Harry for falling for her that easily. I sure as hell did. 

"Oooh. Get it Niall." Louis smirked, patting me on the back. 

"Is precious little Harry jealous?" Louis teased as he pinched Harry's cheeks. 

"Piss off." Harry shoved him off as he glared at him. 

"Oh how it feels to have the roles reversed, am I right Harry?.... No hard feelings though, right? See you tomorrow lads." I smirked as I walked past them.  

This day was going very well for me and it's just about to get better.