Joshua&Jeonghan - PART 1

🍼little Jeonghan

Joshua is silently lying in his bed and watches the silver moon shining on the black sky and wonders when did his life change. 8 months ago, he would spend every Friday night in clubs with his friends, he would drink and have fun, then he would come home early in the morning and sleep for whole Saturday. Now his Friday night, well every night looks different.

Jeonghan - his little one - has a fever, so now Joshua can't fall asleep thanks to his worries. He keeps checking if the small towel which is placed on the little one's forehead is still wet or if Jeonghan's fever isn't raising. Joshua doesn't know what to do, he has never taken care of someone sick but now he is a daddy so he needs to quickly learn it. He remembers that his mom always cooked him a delicious broth, but Jeonghan felt sick after the soup and threw up. Joshua is thinking about taking him to a hospital, but it would mean answering many questions.

Why is the young man wearing a diaper?

Why is he acting like a small child?

Why is he calling you daddy?

Joshua shivers when he imagines it and changes the plan. He will wait, take care of his little and after Jeonghan feels big and he will be still sick, then they are going to see a doctor. It sounds good, but Joshua should really get some sleep or he won't be strong enough to take care of his sick baby.

Suddenly Jeonghan next to him stirs a bit and whines. Joshua quickly turns to him and studies his baby's face. Jeonghan has flushed cheeks and his eyelashes flutter a bit before Joshua strokes his hair few times. Jeonghan settles down again and sucks on his pacifier. He must have some ugly dream because few tears slipped from underneath his eyelids. Joshua strokes his hair for a while before he is sure that his little one is fast asleep again and then also closes his eyes. It is really hard to fall asleep when his precious baby fights with the fever, but he somehow manages to fall asleep and woke up a few hours later. It is morning already, the sun is weakly shining outside and Joshua silently got up.

Jeonghan is still asleep, his cheeks aren't so flushed anymore and his forehead feels less warm. Joshua smiles a bit and sneaks out of their bedroom to cook breakfast. He prepares a light food which won't hurt his baby's stomach and then comes back in the bedroom. Jeonghan is waking up and slowly opens his pretty eyes.

"Daddy .."

Jeonghan whines and reaches his arms toward his daddy. Joshua picks him up and sat him in his lap.

"Let's try eating something."

Joshua brings the first spoon to Jeonghan's lips and the little reluctantly opens his mouth. He eats few more spoons before saying he is full. Joshua tucks him in the bed again and checks his temperature. He smiles because it is lower than yesterday, which means that soon he is going to be okay again. Joshua turns the TV on so they can watch some cartoons. Jeonghan isn't very interested, he wants to cuddle with his daddy and maybe drink some milk. Not even his most favorite cartoons can make him happier so Joshua turns the TV off after a while and goes to get a bottle of warm milk. He also adds a bit of vanilla in the bottle and then shakes it while walking back in the bedroom. Jeonghan is happy to see his pink bottle with Bambi and starts to suck on the rubber teat. His head still hurts, but his daddy gently massages his scalp and plays with his hair. Jeonghan's eyelids are getting heavier with every passing minute and soon the suckling noises stopped. Joshua looked down at Jeonghan and smiles when he sees that his baby is asleep again.

"The fever must have really exhausted you."

Joshua gently kissed Jeonghan on the forehead and then pulls the blanket up to his chin. Jeonghan is sleeping and Joshua sits next to him while playing with his phone. It looks like this weekend is going to be full of naps and Joshua doesn't mind it because sleep is the best medicine.