Chapter 46

-------------------> NARCISSA SCOWLED AT HER COUSIN

-------------------> NARCISSA SCOWLED AT HER COUSIN. "Why did you pull me away?" She asked angrily, watching the retreating forms of her family. "Don't you see what my sister did? Who my sister did? I should be there with her. I sh-"

"-Do you think what Andromeda has done is wrong?" Lyra interrupted.

"-ould be there- What?" Narcissa blinked.

"Do you think what Andromeda has done is wrong?" Lyra repeated calmly. "Do you think she deserved to be disowned and cast away from her family simply because she fell in love?"

Narcissa hesitated before saying, "Yes."

Lyra kept looking at her.

"...No," Narcissa reluctantly admitted. "She's my sister. I don't care if she falls in love with a troll, but I don't want her to get disowned. I don't want to lose her."

"I know," Lyra smiled softly, "and that's why I need your help."

Narcissa looked intrigued.

"Grandfather has promised that no harm would come to either Andromeda or the mudblood inside this house, but if the discussions go south, then-" Lyra took a breath. "Then Andromeda will need a place to go to."

Narcissa's lips fused themselves into a thin line. "But where? All the Black property wards are keyed into the Lord and Lady of the House. They'll know as soon as anybody enters."

"Not all Black properties, actually," Lyra revealed before explaining. "For my seventh birthday, Grandfather had bought a house in Edinburgh, and its wards are keyed in with me."

"You're going to let them stay at your house?" Narcissa asked, surprised.

Lyra nodded. "That's the plan." She gave her a half-smile. "You asked why I held you back, and well, it's because if -Hecate forbid- something goes wrong, then the two of us can help Andromeda and her mudblood."

Narcissa grew quiet, face thoughtful. "Why didn't you ask Bella to stay back?" She asked in a small voice.

"I think you know the answer to that yourself, Cissa," Lyra replied softly.

Narcissa's lips thinned, signalling that she did.

Bellatrix, no matter how much she loved her sister, would not sacrifice her beliefs. Instead, much like their mother had done earlier, Bella would claim that Andromeda was improvised, delusional, under a love potion, or honestly, any other explanation than accepting that Andromeda would voluntarily love somebody beneath her.

And Narcissa sincerely feared what Bellatrix would do to Andromeda.

"Shouldn't we know what is going on inside to understand what we must do?" Narcissa asked finally.

"I sent Phoebus with Andromeda to keep her safe," Lyra told her. "And I also told him that if by any chance, he sees signs of things going bad, then he will come and tell him straight away. Plus," A small smirk descended on her face, "our ancestors are thankfully, very nosy, and there are portraits everywhere." She looked to where Regulus and Sirius were joking with each other, oblivious to the content of the conversation between their sister and cousin. "Let's put these two to bed first, and then we'll ask one of the portraits of our ancestors, okay?"