24. Flight

Arianna De Luca

I took out two more shirts from Dario's cupboard just-in-case he needs to change the one he'd been wearing earlier. I kept the pouch of toiletries in a corner and finally zipped his suitcase close. I took it and walked out of his closet. He was plopped on the bed typing away on his phone. May God have mercy on that device.

As he saw me coming out of the closet, he stood up and walked towards me. He took the suitcase from my hand and kept it near the door of the room.

"You know, you didn't have to pack for me. I could've done it myself." He said as he turned to walk towards me.

"I know but I like doing your little chores for you," He approached me and snaked his arms around my waist, pulling me to his chest. I took in a deep breath. His tantalising smell enveloped me and I involuntarily closed my eyes. He kissed the top of my head and I opened my eyes again.

"It's time for me to leave." He said and I nodded half-heartedly.

Dario has an important conference in New York this Sunday and according to him, it is a great opportunity to make several business connections. It's Saturday afternoon here which means when Dario lands in NYC it'll be around early morning there. Business man representing thriving companies from all over the world are going to be present there and it's very important for him to be there too.

Only problem is, I have a strange feeling in my gut that something's going to happen. Something not good.

"Don't worry, preziosa. I'll be back before you know it," Dario assured me for the nth time today and kissed my forehead. I nodded my head and looked up at him, warning him.

"Dario Damien De Luca, when you return to Italy and if you happen to have even a small scratch on your body, I'll strangle you with my own hands and then mock you for not listening to me." I ordered him as I fisted his shirt collar lightly in my fists and pulled him closer to me.

"You have no idea how sexy you look right now." He said and pulled my body roughly against his.

"Be serious, Dario," I said and poked my finger on his chest.

"I am. Seeing you all bossy makes me want to do things to you." He said and ducked his head to my neck, placing feather-light kisses on my skin there. He started roaming his arms up and down my back and I suddenly lost all the control over my thoughts. My mind was getting foggy and the only thing going on in it was how good his hands felt against my skin.

I raked my hands in his soft brown hair and tilted my neck, giving him more access to my body. His hands slowly found the zip to my dress and pulled it down. His hands started caressing my bare skin and before I know it, he picked me up and laid me on our bed. He hovered over me and once again started placing butterfly kisses on my skin. He kissed my jaw and then slowly started going down.

"Dario, your flight..." I said and he kept his long finger on my lips. He cupped my face and looked into my eyes. "Flight can wait," He once again kissed my mouth as my hands found his shirt buttons.

.

.

.

"Get the plane ready, I'll be at the airport in 10." Dario said in the phone and I pressed the button to put up the partition between us and the driver.

"If it weren't for your 'you look sexy', you wouldn't have been late." I said as my eyes fell at the watch on my wrist. Dario gifted me a Swarovski watch, a month back at my birthday, which was beautiful. It was rose gold in colour and was quite delicate. It looked good on my wrist.

"You do look sexy," He said and pulled me near him.

"What did I say when we were in the shower, 20 minutes ago?" I said and Dario smirked.

"You didn't said anything, preziosa. You just kept screaming my name."

My jaw dropped at his answer. I wasn't expecting that. I hit his chest and he threw his head back shamelessly laughing at his own joke.

"You shameless man!" I exclaimed and hid my face in his chest, hearing his heartbeat. He kissed my head and stoked my hair.

"Promise me, Dario. Promise me that you'll be safe. I really don't have a good feeling about this trip." I seriously said and looked up at him.

"I promise, Aria. I'll be back home in one piece, without a scar on my body in just 3 days. You know I always keep my promises." He said and nodded smiling.

I once again kept my head on his shoulder and he continued stroking my hair. He lightly massaged my scalp and I felt my eyes getting heavy. I am genuinely very tired right now due to our earlier activities. I was about to slip into slumber when I heard a faint voice murmur into my ear.

"Ti amo, preziosa."
(I love you)