Chapter 7

Nova

Blood rushed to my cheeks and my heart pounded loudly in my chest. I couldn’t form words as I stared in his dark silver eyes, which was pulling me in just like a magnet and I kind of liked it.

Wait! Why am I liking this? I hate him, and I can’t bear to be close to him, but right now I have mixed feelings. No, no, no! This cannot happen.
“Stop, get away from me. I don’t want this” I cried trying to push him away.

He grinned and said “I know you want me to do much more than this, don’t hide it princess”
My face was red as a tomato at this point.

He paused for a moment before continuing “I’m the Devil! I always get what I want and right now I want to kiss you against this wall and you are going to comply” he said in a deep husky voice, more like ordered.

Okay, that’s it!
He may always get what he wants, but not today Satan. If he thinks he can order me around, then he’s got it wrong.

So it was at this moment my dear friends that I, Nova Scott did something I should not have done. I brought my fist upwards and smacked him right across his jaw.
His face went slightly sideways, and I’m not sure whether my blow impacted him or not but my hand started aching really bad.

It felt I just punched a rock and it was a really stupid thing to do. He turned his face back to me and his expression was murderous. His eyes were completely dark black, not a hint of silver I could find. Was that even possible? One look at his face and I knew I was dead. He lifted his arm slowly and I squeezed my eyes shut.

Okay! He’s going to strangle me to death, no big deal right?

Wtf. I cannot die. I still have dreams to live and ambitions to fulfill.

I waited, but nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw the empty hall.
He was nowhere in sight, as if he had vanished in the thin air. I was confused.

I hurried quickly towards the garden. When I entered the garden, all eyes turned towards me. There were thousands of people sitting at their respective tables and gaping at me. I immediately felt uncomfortable, until I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw King Thomas smiling reassuringly at me. I relaxed and we both walked towards our table which was placed on a small podium right in the middle of the garden. I sat down on my seat next to the Queen.

I looked around scanning the place but there was no sight of King Nicholas. I didn’t know if I should be anxious or relieved, but I did know that I have to ask for his forgiveness before he does something to me or the people of the Kingdom.

My thoughts were interrupted when the King stood up.
“My dear citizens of Elysian, welcome to the grand feast. As you all know due to some unfortunate events, we thought we had lost our princess, by god’s grace she’s come back to us safe and sound after three whole months. This feast is the celebration of the homecoming of our princess. Enjoy the night! Dance, sing and feast, by all means” he declared.

The people cheered loudly and the Minstrels started playing music. The men and women danced, while the children played around the garden. The Queen insisted me to take walk around the garden and talk to our people to which I reluctantly agreed.

I excused myself from the table and walked around the garden greeting the people as I walked. I even talked to a few and they were so sweet and humble. I felt a tug on the hem of my dress. I looked down to see a tiny boy with big blue eyes around three years old. I smiled at him and his eyes twinkled in happiness.
“Y-You are so pletty” he said. I crouched down to his height and said “Thank you sweetie, you are handsome too!”