Returning to the nest

Inside the mountain Smaug continues threatening Bilbo as the little hobbit was currently hiding underneath a platform in which Smaug was standing above. He slipped the ring into his pocket to ensure it wasn't lost with the piles of gold as he hid behind a column whilst Smaug slowly glanced underneath him to try and locket the thief.

"You are being used, thief in the shadows. You were only ever a means to an end. The coward Oakenshield has weighed the value of your life and found it worth nothing." His words hissed trying to seep deception and poison into Bilbo's mind as he shook his head ignoring the warning and betrayal of the dragon.

"No. No, you're lying." Bilbo called out as Smaug just chuckled darkly at his foolishness as he sniffed the air and was almost occupied by the familiar scent before hearing the scurry of gold as he snarled and drew back towards finding Bilbo.

"What did he promise you? A share of the treasure? As if it was his to give. I will not part with a single coin. Not one piece of it!" Smaug roared as Bilbo was able to spot the Arkenstone in a pile of gold in the open as he knew it may be his last chance to grab it. At that moment Bilbo makes a run for it to grab the Arkenstone, but Smaug moves his body again which causes Bilbo and the Arkenstone to go flying in the air and landing back onto the pile of gold.

"My teeth are swords, my claws are spears. My wings are a hurricane!" Smaug boasted as Smaug stomps in front of Bilbo he notices the spot in Smaug's chest where Girion had managed to pierce him with his arrow.

"So it is true. The Black Arrow found its mark." He whispered to himself in hope that maybe the dragon could be killed.

"What did you say?" Smaug hissed.

"I-I was just saying, your reputation proceeds you, oh Smaug, the tyrannical. Truly, you have no equal on this earth." Bilbo quickly responds as he tries to keep the dragon occupied as he slowly shuffled towards the stone. Smaug roared and snarled causing Bilbo to take a few steps back to stand next to where the Arkenstone now lies, he looks at it.

"I am almost tempted to let you take it, if only to see Oakenshield suffer. Watch it destroy him, watch it corrupt his heart and drive him mad. But I think not, I think our little game ends here. So tell me, thief. How do you choose to die?" Smaug taunted Bilbo as Smaug brings his head towards Bilbo and opens his mouth suddenly Bilbo uses his ring to disappear as Smaug's jaw closes on empty air. Whilst Bilbo took this chance to run out of there, Smaug angrily roars and he unleashes his fire.

"FATHER!" Artemis roared out as both dragon and hobbit stopped in their midst as Bilbo went wide eyed staring up at his companion. She stood on the top of the platform, sword drawn in a powerful stance as her fathers' face seemed to almost gleam in delight. All thoughts of Bilbo had vanished from the dragons mind as he slithered over towards her with a playful glint in his eye.

"Artemis? My daughter has found her way back to the nest...." His snarling voice seemed softer as he glanced down at his long lost daughter before his eyes caught side of the glowing red blade as he recoiled with a hiss as though it had burnt him. Snarling he glared down at her baring his teeth as he watched as she gave no reaction of fear.

"Where did you get that blade!" He demanded in fury and fear as he was aware that she knew that the blade could kill him.

"From an Elf we both know" Artemis darkly smirked as his eyes widened. His mind took him back to the day he first took the mountain.

The day that the Elf had cursed Smaug. He remembered how he would be stuck in his dragon form till the day he die, and how she cursed his descents until Erebor would be rightfully taken back by the true host of the dwarves and that his children would be cursed for the monster of their father until they were forgiven by the line of Durin.