4

1 9 9 1, September 1st

Harry and Nel talked a little about Hogwarts, their owls, the magic world and what not. After dinner Nel suggested that they venture out into the alley and go and get some ice cream. Being so late and not wanting to oversleep in the morning Harry persuaded her to stay by offering to share a pumpkin pastry with her. She was never one to complain when it came to food, so she accepted.

The next morning both overslept and left in a hurry. Because they overslept, they didn't have breakfast, instead Nel used her paid breakfast to buy some lemon biscuits to go for the rest of the journey to Hogwarts. Both went dressed in their Muggle clothes packed their heavy trunks and made way to King's Cross taking the tube.
It must've been odd for Muggles to see them both. Two eleven-year old's alone carrying two large trunks and their caged owls. On the way Nel offered her seat to a pregnant lady who turned out not to be expecting a child and was very upset by her comment. Harry couldn't tell if she had done it on purpose to irritate the woman or not.

They arrived to Platform 9 but there seemed no sight of the 3/4. Nel still looked around anxiously worrying that this whole thing was some type of extremely elaborate prank. She was still waiting for Ms. Wool to pop up and claim her vengeance for the many evils the girl had done to her in the past.

"It should be here," Nel said looking down at her ticket.

Both found themselves lost and attracting the unwanted peering eyes of Muggles. The owls were growing irritating hooting loudly in protest of being inside of their cages.

"What do we do?" Harry asked feeling lost.

"Train leaves in ten minutes," Nel clicked her tongue and looked at a large overheard clock nearby beginning to feel somewhat stressed.

"-packed with Muggles, same every year-"

Both whipped their heads around. Muggles. That was only a word that wizards and witches knew. They had to be magical. Probably heading to the same place.

They spotted and decided to follow a plump woman with wavy red hair and her four children with the same matching colorful hair around King's Cross. All carrying trunks, one had an owl balance on top of his trunk. Yeah. They were definitely going to the same place.

"You're not old enough Ginny, hush," the mother scolded one of her children. "Now, Percy, you first."

The boy who seemed to be the oldest took his cart and lined up with the divider between the two platforms. The two eleven-year old's watched the boy attentively as he pushed his cart forwards briskly.

"He's going to crash!" Nel shouted with her big mouth attracting the attention of Muggles and Non-Muggles nearby.

She was in shock when he instead seemed to magically phase through the wall.

"First time?" The plump woman turned to look at the two children with a soft expression. She guessed they were both probably Muggle-born children.

"We don't know how to get to the train," Harry said to her. Not being one to ever ask for help and much less from an adult Nel kept her ears peered waiting for instruction.

She placed a hand on both of the children's arms and kindly turned them towards the wall where one of her kids had just vanished.

"Walk straight at the wall between the platforms. Don't stop, and don't be nervous, or you'll crash, that's key. Best do it at a bit of a run, if you're nervous. Watch Fred," she said addressing one of her twins.

The boy scowled. "I'm not Fred, I'm George! Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother!"

The woman looked flustered. "Sorry George." She waved him forwards dismissively.