47. ARE YOU CRYING?

| CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN |

ARE YOU CRYING?

"SO, WHEN ARE YOU TWO getting married then?" Molly questioned as she bounced Hope on her hip. The baby would giggle every time she did and the grin on Molly's face was so wide, Dawn was sure that her cheeks would split. The woman was more than thrilled that she now had her first ever grandchild and would do everything in her power to look after the little girl and spoil her rotten.

"Well, actually we were thinking about doing it quite soon," Dawn confessed, smiling softly as she watched her mother interacting with Hope, "But only something small and we were wondering if we could do it here?" She asked in a rushed voice, "You know how people are with people like Remus and--"

"Of course you can do it here," Molly cut her off, smiling brightly at her daughter, "We can put up a gazebo, decorate it. It'll be perfect, Dawnie," Molly grinned, she watched as Dawn's smile widened as well and she couldn't help but feel her eyes stinging.

"Nothing too over the top though," Dawn put her foot down, pointing her finger at her mother jokingly.

"Nothing over the top," Molly parroted, she quickly looked away from her daughter and began to sniffle.

"Mum, are you crying?" 

"What? Of course I'm not, don't be silly."

Dawn stood up, crossing the room over to her mum. She reached out and placed her hand on Molly's shoulder, squeezing it softly.

"I'm just so happy for you," Molly cried, looking back at her daughter, "Look at you, you found someone you love dearly, you've got a daughter..." She gestured to Hope (who was trying to shovel Molly's curly hair into her mouth), "And you're getting married. You're all grown up, Dawnie."

Dawn felt tears stinging her eyes as she grinned at her mum, "I'll always be your little girl though," She whispered. That statement caused Molly to suddenly burst into tears and Dawn didn't waste anymore time and wrapped her arms around her mother, careful not to squeeze Hope too much as the baby giggled, not knowing what was happening around her. When tears finally started to fall from Dawn's eyes, she heard Hope beginning to fuss (something she always seemed to do whenever she noticed Dawn crying). 

Pulling away from her mum, Dawn quickly turned her attention to the baby girl, taking her into her arms, "Shh, it's okay," Dawn cooed but couldn't help to giggle as all three of them cried in the kitchen of the Burrow.