Chapter 14

You awake the next morning to hear whispering behind you. You stay still, wanting to hear what they were talking about.

"She has a necklace." You hear Harry's voice.

"Goodness gracious, Harry!" Hermione says. "She doesn't know how she feels about either of you right now. Let her think about it."

Harry stands, making Hermione's bed creak.

"She'll probably wake up soon." He says. "I should get down to breakfast with Ron."

"Harry?" Hermione says as Harry starts to walk out. You hear him turn around. "Please don't bother her about it." Harry nods and walks out. You hear Hermione walk over to her closet, and slowly sit up. Hermione turns at the sound of the bed creaking.

"Y/n!" She says. "I'm assuming you heard all of that." You nod. "He likes you. He's jealous." She sighs. "He also saw your necklace."

You nod. "I don't like Draco.... at least, I don't think I do. He has a soft spot for me... I don't want to let anyone down."

She nods. "I sympathize for you, Y/n. I wish I could help." You frown, but begin getting ready for breakfast.

You pull your robes over your head. "I'm not speaking to Malfoy right now." You tell Hermione.

"I understand that."

"But he sent me a necklace." You say, torn. "And it is so beautiful, and expensive, and..." You trail off. Hermione gives you a hug.

"You don't need to decide now." She says. You thank her. "Let's go to breakfast."

The two of you walk down the stairs and make your way to the Great Hall.

Harry was already eating. Ginny was sitting with Dean.

You and Hermione sat across from Harry. You could feel Harry's eyes on you.

"Morning, everyone." You say. They all mumble out hellos. "Where's Ron?"

"Still asleep." Harry says.

"Thank goodness it's Saturday." Hermione says, trying to end the awkward silence. You nod.

"Yeah, I'm really not in the mood to see Snape's huge nose today."

They all laugh, but you hear a voice behind you.

"My what?" Snape drawls. You turn around, eyes wide. "Detention, Miss L/n. After breakfast, my office." He says. He then keeps walking. 

You turn around. "Ugh. Of course he had to be right there."

The two laugh at you. You pout. "It's not funny! I have detention later."

Your friends get their chuckles out. You pout down at your food.

You hear people walking behind you. You recognize Malfoy's voice.

"Yeah!" He says, outraged. "McGonagall gave me detention just for calling that Granger girl a mudblood. She expects me to be perfect."

You hear Goyle. "When is it?"

"Today." Malfoy says angrily. "Right after breakfast! Who even does that?"

"So you just have to sit in her office all day?" Crabbe asks.

"No, we cut a deal. I asked to be in Snape's office, because I like Snape better. I promised I wouldn't call Granger a mudblood. Which we all know isn't true." They all laugh, and finally pass you.

Your eyes widen. Harry also heard what Draco said. And looked at you.

"We need to talk." Harry says. You keep looking at your food.

"About what?" You ask.

Harry grabs your hand. He leads you out of the Great Hall and rounds a corner.

"Who's that necklace from?" He asks, looking at it.

You blush, and tuck it under your robes. "No one."

Harry lifts your chin, forcing you to look at him. "Tell me." He said.

You sigh. "Draco."

He sighs. "I knew it, I knew it." He looks up at you again. "How are you gonna handle your detention?"

You shrug. "Harry, I don't know why you care so much. It really isn't a big deal. Now if you don't mind, I want to go back to breakfast."

You begin to walk off, but Harry puts a hand on your waist and pulls you back.

"Don't do anything you'll regret." He says, before walking away, leaving you in shock.

(Can you guys tell me which person you want to end up with? Harry or Draco... or should I add a new guy, like Cedric or Ron?)