Chapter 27: Bound For Life (Part Two)

I pretended to be scoping the menu out as the waitress with a family friendly smile rest the tray of fancy looking food on the table between the two.

A hundred and five dollars for something called a "Chicken Tabaka".

Pfft

From where we were sitting it was obvious that mom said a gradual thank you for the table before the woman went off. My eyes frantically searched the table for the arachnid that was no place in sight. I looked back at Byron to ask him if he found it, but with that handsome renowned smirk of his, he pointed innocently over to the table to the destination of the flesh crawling arthropod. My pupils followed his direction and they found what they were looking for. The spider laid on the plate of salad looking up at my talking mother who was completely oblivious to it's presence. I turned to Byron once again to inform him that this was stupid.

Too bad I barely got the chance to before I could; an ear bleeding scream ventured from across the room. I twirled around in my seat and my eyes widened as all the heads addressed where it came from.

"S-Sp-Sp-Spider!" 

My dear mother was standing on the ends of her long dress as she stood up in the chair. Ned got up out of his seat quickly and the spider had already began crawling to mom's chair. 

What kind of daughter was I?

But it was hilarious to watch.

Once it got closer she let out another scream and her arms flung out frantically sending the tray in the nearby male waiter's hand through the air. Everyone's eyes follow the tray that seems to be dramatically moving in slow motion in my mind as it dives into the chocolate fountain. 

Chocolate showers the people near us, but none touches Byron and I since Byron pulls me out of my seat quickly. The chubby lady and her friend on the other hand are making offended noises and bickering at their chocolate covered clothing. Some other guests even mentioning suing. 

There's a large amount of people surrounding the man who I'm assuming is the manager or has some authority. They're arguing and the man is trying to calm them down. Byron gives a nod that only I notice to Elias hiding behind a fancy curtain nearby. Ned is talking to mom who is still afraid to get down from the chair, but then a female waitress tags along and within seconds of comforting her she's down. After a brief moment of talking with the waitress, the two - unlike the snobs or prudes exit.

Elias unnoticeably opened the small container and knelt down beside mom and Ned's old table. After some weird supposedly spider whispering that he did, the devil with eight legs crawled back inside.

"I'll meet you by the car." Byron mouths to me as he makes sure the people arguing are fully distracted before going off into Elias's direction.

Escaping my disguise was a relief. My forehead was a little sweaty from the blonde wig. I tapped on the dashboard of the car waiting for Byron who had just arrived . He got inside the driver seat and closed the door behind. For some anonymous reason the moment our eyes connected with each other's we broke out in a fit of juvenile laughter.

"You can't tell me that wasn't funny." He said, trying to control his laughter.

My laughter stopped and my smile faded. "That wasn't funny." I said sternly watching as his laughter and smile faded as well. 

I let out a laugh. "I'm kidding!"

"Well, you'd make an awesome actress." He said, giving me a playful punch in the shoulder.