Chapter II

"Quirin!" Rosamund ran to the boy with a bright smile on her face. She loved going out to see him each day. The Dark Kingdom was her home and it was where she found the boy she knew she loved.

"Rosamund! Hey!" Quirin waved as she ran over.

"I started working on a new project! I'm super excited to finish it!" Rosamund bent down in the field to help Quirin pick the carrots.

"That's great, but, Rosie, I heard you crying last night. I wanted to ask you a question, but you were crying. What was upsetting you?" Quirin asked as he looked at her with genuine concern in his tone.

The fourteen year old girl froze and it felt as though cold water ran down her spine.

"M-my parents... I really miss them..." Rose admitted as she rubbed her arm.

"Your parents? Who were they? You never mentioned them," Quirin said as he gently put a hand on her shoulder.

"I-I can't tell you..." Rosamund murmured, fearing that he would turn her in. She was in love with him and it would tear her apart if he ratted her out.

"Why not? Rose, you're my best friend. You know you can tell me anything," Quirin urged, wanting to help her out and make her feel better. He wanted nothing more than to see her smiling.

"Because you... I... I don't want to lose you..." Rose felt tears come to her eyes.

"I would never leave you, Rosie. I promise. It doesn't matter who your parents are to me. I will always be by your side." Quirin wrapped Rosamund in a tight hug.

"My parents are the former king and queen of Eden..." Rose admitted and Quirin's eyes widened.

"You're Princess Ulla?" He looked at her and she nodded, tears coming down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry I lied... y-you were just so nice to me and I didn't want you to know who I was. I was gonna tell you, but then word got out about me being alive and now there's a bounty on my head... please don't turn me in... I don't want to be killed..." Rose trembled as she looked at him, but he just kissed her gently.

Rosamund froze before melting into the kiss. She put a hand on his cheek as she returned the soft kiss.

Quirin pulled back and put a hand over the hand she had on his cheek. "I will never turn you in. I love you, Rose. Money is not as important to me as you are." He laced his fingers with hers, his palm pressed against the back of her hand. He then moved her hand, kissing her palm gently.

"I love you too, Quirin. I love you so much," Rose whispered with a bright smile.

Quirin wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. "I'll stay by your side forever. I promise."

💧

"What do you mean he said yes?!" Aquaria looked at Rapunzel in amazement.

"You said that you and Varian wanted to go to Eden to see if there were any books that could help you so I sent a royal request to King Dante. He said that you both were welcome to come and search the royal libraries," Rapunzel said and Aqua hugged her excitedly.

"You're the best sister ever!" She squealed and Rapunzel laughed.

"I'm just trying to help my little sister and her boyfriend find his mother," Rapunzel replied as she hugged her back.

"Thank you," Aqua smiled bright and then Eugene walked in.

"Hey, Squirt! What's going on?" Eugene smiled and ruffled the young princess's hair.