Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Forty-Five - Vote

*Genevieve*

Sighing, I stood up from my chair and walked backward, trying to gain a different perspective on what I had just painted. Leaning against the all and tilting my head, biting my lip as I walked back to it, and began to quickly add the new details.

"It looks horrible doesn't it," I say, hearing the bedroom door open.

"No, it looks good. Very colorful. Abstract," Rose comments, standing beside me as she looks at the painting, tilting her head slightly as I had done moments earlier. "If you look at it this way, it sort of looks like a monkey. But if you turn your head the opposite way, I can see a dog in it."

I groan as my head falls into my hands, "you're lying! It's horrible!"

Rose just sighs as she turns around and walks to the door, popping her head out. "Esme!"

Esme quickly appears at the door, wide-eyed frantically scanning the room for the cause of the commotion. "What's wrong! How bad, 1 to 10!"

"Evie needs you to make her feel better about her painting," Rose said, Esme, letting out a sigh of relief before happily nodded her head. Making her way back over to me and looked at the painting, tilting her head as she analyzed it.

"Uh- it's nice," she said, "love the colors that you used. Very pop-art like."

I sat back in the chair and let out another groan, "I'm burning it."

Esme widened her eyes at the sudden and rash decision, quickly looking back at Rose, who just shrugged her shoulders, used to my dramatic antics. "Um- I saw Jasper setting up the chessboard when I came up, why don't you go and play chess with him?"

I sighed as I regretfully stood up, sending the painting one last glare before leaving the room. Thanking Esme and Rose for their attempts at making me feel better as I passed them. My mind now set on the chess competition that was about start.

______________________

Chuckling, I looked down at the chessboard. Jasper sat across from me staring intently as I hesitantly moved my queen. A smirk took over his face as he swiftly moved his bishop, effectively taking my out queen, and winning the game... yet again.

"Dude!" I complained, sitting back in my chair, "not fair!"

"There is no such thing as fairness in war," he chided, looking back down at the board as I sighed, looking over the board and trying to figure out what to move next.

After a few more turns, Jasper eventually walked away with an even bigger win, leaving me to grumble at my loss in the corner. Emmett walked into the room and send me a smirk when he saw my expression and the chessboard.

"Still trying to beat Jasper at chess?" He teased, crossing his arms. I just rolled my eyes at him and quickly stood up, putting away the chessboard. "That's like going up against Edward or Alice. He's a god at it."