Prologue

The smell of burning surrounded me, the wind carried it all throughout the pack

The smell of burning surrounded me, the wind carried it all throughout the pack. There was chaos everywhere - mother's running to safety with their pups, warriors supporting the elders, enforcers leading the run to the bunker.

My legs couldn't move faster as I sprinted to the centre of all the trouble. The pack house was lit up like a Christmas tree with the bright flames practically engulfing the whole structure. My hair had long since been coated with sweat by the heat and the friction id made while running.

The screams of my pack members kept me going, the adrenaline coursing through my veins aiding in my continuous sprint to the building currently alight.

"Reyna! Stop!" The wind was momentarily knocked out of my as Jackson's arms caught me mid stride and wrapped around my torso. "As your beta I can't let you go into the house! It's extremely unsafe!" He yelled over the roaring of the flames and shouts of the wolves fleeing to safety.

"Jackson let go, there's people trapped!" I screamed, thrashing aggressively against his arms.

"Alpha Greyson is getting them out. You need to get to safety! We need our Luna alive not burnt to a crisp!" I could see that he was physically straining himself to hold me back and I hoped he saw enough sense to know his strength was better used to help people.

"I may be your Luna but before that I am a warrior! I carry the strength of ten wolves and enough anger to out do fifteen of your volatile teens. It is my duty to keep my pack members safe and the longer you hold me here the longer you're preventing me from saving the lives of those I've sworn to protect!"

I continued to hit against him, breaking free only for him to grab me once more and hold me in front of him by my shoulders. I could practically feel the bruises forming.

"If you get hurt, worse if you die! - Grey will not survive! Do you understand that?!"

"I do! But I also know that If I don't go in there then parents will lose their children, children will lose their parents! You will have to break every bone in my body before I let you keep me from doing what is right. Are we clear, Beta?!"

 Are we clear, Beta?!"