Part 27

Sam sat on the bed. She woke up and felt something odd. She close her eyes and tried to figure out what's  happening. Nothing. She lie back on bed and waited for sleep to envelop her senses.  Something feels strange but she can't point a finger on it. The house is quiet and all she can hear is her own breathing and hear beat. She cover her head with one of the soft pink pillow and force herself to sleep. It took a while before she finally fell asleep. 

Ben was still wide awake,leaning on the door frame, holding a wine and looking outside . Sam's arrival brought back many memories. He can't deny the close resemblance of his guess and his wife.  Martha was right and now he understand the reaction she sense from her on the phone. It was late and he was about to get inside the house when he sense something in the woods. He was old but his senses are still working fine for a retired Beta. He narrow his eyes and search the dark area but nothing. He lift his nose and sniff the air, still nothing. He look at the wine he was holding and shrug. He dismiss the thought that someone is out there and a potential threat. Whoever it is out there, if he knows him wouldn't play his game on this old man. 

Sam woke up early and headed to the bathroom for her usual morning routine. She went straight to the kitchen to help Ben but he was not there. She cook something for breakfast for two thinking that Ben didn't eat breakfast yet because it's still too early.  She was done cleaning the kitchen and the living room but no Ben showed up. She checked outside and still Ben was nowhere to be found. 

She was about to get back inside the house when a familiar scent hit her. She froze at the recognition of the scent. Lloyd ! She panic and run to the woods. The house is not a good idea if she wanted to run away. She run as fast as she could and hid behind a big tree. 

She hated him for coming after her. She hated him for pushing her away from people she started to consider as friends. 

Sam heard movement  walking toward her direction. She hold her breath praying he wouldn't find her. Silence. Her curiosity kicked in, slowly she look behind from the tree she was hiding. Nothing. Sam sigh in relief thinking he didn't find her. She jumped back and her back hit the tree when he suddenly jumped in front of her.He place both his hands on her side, making escape impossible. 

Sam look at his dark penetrating gaze. He look like a predator ready to devour his prey. He look as handsome as she can remember. Sam wanted to touch his face but fought the urge to do it. He was breathing hard from the emotions he was trying to suppress. And then he smirked.  

"Mate."

One word left his lips but it was enough to cause her world spinning.She hold on the tree as if her life depended on it.  Her wolf was dancing inside her head. She miss her mate and wanted to submit to him. She gritted her teeth at the reaction of her wolf to their mate. 

Without a warning she felt his lips on her neck connecting to her shoulder. The spot where he will mark her. She felt the spark spreading to her whole body calming her senses and forgetting she wanted to run away. His scent was intoxicating making her feel like she was floating in the air. It was addictive. Sam felt him smile before he press his teeth on her soft skin. He mark her. Sam felt the sting for a moment and it was only a few seconds before she felt the pleasure consume her body. She heard it feels good to be mark by your mate, but the actual feeling is beyond what she imagine. She roll her eyes and rest her head on the tree, careful not to break the pleasurable contact with her mate. They were like that for a moment before Lloyd finally pull out his teeth. 

His eyes were so soft reflecting the same pleasure he made her experience. He look down at her partly open lips and tasted it. Slow passionate kiss, enjoying every second as if it was the last thing he ever wanted. Sam kiss her back with the same passion. They were both breathing hard when he broke the kiss. 

"It's time to go home Sam." He said with a hopeful smile written all over his face. 

Sam blink twice before it finally register to her. He marked her and he was taking her back to the Crescent wolf pack. She pushed him as hard as she can and began walking back to the direction of the house.  Lloyd was taken  aback by her reaction. They both know the feeling is mutual but why is she acting like that, still running away from him. He lick his lips still tasting her lips on it. He took long strides and grab her arms  because she can disappear on his sight again. She look at him like he was a venomous snake she wanted to kill. He pull his hands off her not knowing what to say. 

"You marked me!" Sam accused.

"It is bound to happen Sam. We are made for each other. You know we can't deny that."  He spit back.

Sam felt her eyes burning. She look away not wanting him to see she's vulnerable but it was too late. He grab her hands and his look was pleading her to stay. She pull her hands from his hold.  

" You slept with another woman ! You have no rights to mark me!"

Lloyd took a step backward don't know how to explain what happen between him and Jenny. Sam look at him and it was like he was punched hard when he saw the pain in her eyes. She run away wiping her tears from her face. He was going after her but he notice a man standing nearby. It was Ben. He walk towards him looking directly on his eyes. He doesn't look intimidated of him and he can sense power on the old man.

" I suggest you leave her young man."

Lloyd clenched his jaw and if stares could kill the man in front of him is already dead. They were staring for a moment gauging each other. 

"You were out there last night. This old man can still put a fair fight. Leave before I make you."

"She's mine."

"But she doesn't wanna be with you. "

Lloyd was so upset he punched a big tree it went down in the ground. 

"But I can help you if you want me to. I'm Benjamin." He said offering his hands.

Lloyd saw hope on the man's offer.  He shook his hands and follow him walk to the direction where Sam is.