25. Piano

Arianna De Luca

It's the second day today that Dario's been gone.

I feel so lonely in this big-ass house. Irony, when he's at his office, which is most of the days, I pass time by either cooking, watching something or cleaning. I sometimes go shopping or visit Nina but today's different.

I'm incredibly bored today and nothing seems to interest me. I tired cooking, binge-watching and cleaning but everything seems bland. All I wanna do today is sit and talk to Dario. And he's in NYC attending a stupid conference.

I changed into something casual and walked into the piano room. Yes, we have a piano room in here.

I looked at the massive black piano sitting elegantly by the window and smiled. Oh, how I love this piano. I sat on the piano desk and pulled out my phone from my jeans' pocket. I searched for Dario's number and FaceTime-d him. It rang for a couple of minutes after which he picked up.

He was seated on the bed and his head was rested on the backrest of the bed. He smiled at me and I returned him one.

"You're in the piano room?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"I didn't disturb you, did I?" I questioned and he shook his head negative. "Never." He replied with a wink.

"Play something for me, preziosa." He said and I smiled at him, nodding my head. I placed my phone next to the sheets containing the musical notes and started going through the list of songs to play. I picked the most cliché out of them all. 'My love will never die' by Claire Wyndham.

I started playing the piano keys and found myself getting lost in the tunes of the beautiful song. I heard Dario softly sing the song lyrics, matching my tune. I was surprised at first but then closed my eyes and enjoyed him singing it. He has such beautiful voice. I enjoyed playing so much today. It's always different to have someone sing the song while you're playing and when the person is your husband, it hits different.

This went on for two other songs before it was time for his another meeting and his assistant came to fetch him.

"I have to go, preziosa. I'll call you late. Bye."

"Bye." He bid me a bye and disconnected the call. The words 'I miss you' were on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't bring myself to speak it. Was I being too clingy? Am I acting like a typical wife?

I mean, he can cleary see it on my face how much I missed him and how much it sucked not to have him around but saying it on his face was a little bit clingy in my opinion.

"Hey, Ari." I heard Laura's voice and turned towards the door of the piano room to see Nina and Laura standing there.

"Hey, you guys." I said and kept the musical notes in the drawer nearby. I got up and placed the piano chair back on its place.

I walked upto them and we all went downstairs together.

"What brings you both here?" I said as the three of us sat in the living room. The maids served us some lemonade considering it was starting to get hot today.

"Since Dario is away and you're all alone, we though we could have a girls' night today." Nina said and I genuinely smiled at their thoughtfulness.

"Thank you so much, both of you." I said and they shook it off. "Absolutely, unnecessary."

"Besides, Matt is in America handling some mafia problem there." Nina informed.

"What happened?" Laura asked Nina shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know." She answered and Laura nodded her head.

If you're wondering wether Laura knows about the whole Mafia thing then yes. It was two months ago, before my birthday that we informed everything to her. It had been almost 6 months since we discovered that she's Dario's sister and we all fully trusted her by that time.

"Let's watch a movie." Nina suggested and we instantly agreed.

We walked towards the movie room and I asked Mia to bring some popcorn and refreshments for all of us. I and Nina took our seats on the comfortable couches while Laura was busy choosing the movie for us.

She gave her movie choice to Mia and she nodded her head and went away to ask the person in-charge of the movie room to play it. Mia shortly, returned with our eatables and the movie started.

We were half way through the movie when a guard barged into the room along with Mia. "Donna!" They were both were panting and had worried expressions on their face.

"What happened, Mia?" I asked as the movie was paused and I stood up from my place.

"The Mansion's under attack, Donna." Mia informed and I went numb. What?