49. YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE

| CHAPTER FORTY-NINE |

YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE.

DAWN STOOD BESIDES HER FATHER just outside of the gazebo, she watched as Tonks, Ginny and Hermione walked out ahead of her, all of them wearing pale teal dresses in different styles but the same matching colour. Once the trio of girls were under the gazebo, it was finally time for Dawn and Arthur to walk.

"Please don't let me fall," Dawn muttered to her father as they began their journey.

Arthur chuckled softly, "I won't," He told her, giving her arm a light squeeze.

Taking a shaky breath, Dawn finally began moving, she had a veil covering her face but she could still see through it somewhat. She spotted  Molly sitting right up at the very front, a handkerchief held up to her eyes and Hope on her lap, clapping excitingly. Bill and Fleur sat a few seats down from them, whispering to each other. Harry and Ron were seated besides each other on the other side, the latter of the two looking slightly bored.

Alastor Moody and Hestia Jones (two members of the Order) were sat behind the family. Moody's robot eyes travelled around the gazebo, as if he was on the lookout of something or someone. Hestia was sitting there, sniffling happily to herself with a pleasant smile on her face. 

Fred, George and Charlie were standing besides Remus, wearing the best tuxedos they could find. Dawn rolled her eyes playfully as she watched the twins nudging each other violently, only stopping when Charlie nudged Fred. Finally, Dawn's eyes landed on Remus. He wore a posh-looking black suit, with a light tear tie that matched the bridesmaid dresses as well as the flowers they used. He had looked nervous, fiddling with his fingers as he moved from one foot to the other but then, as soon as his eyes landed on Dawn walking towards him, all dressed up in her wedding gown his demeanour finally seemed to calm down. 

Tonks, Hermione and Ginny were standing on the opposite side of the men and Kingsley Shacklebolt was standing right in the middle. Dawn reached them quicker than she anticipated, but she was glad about that since it meant less chance of tripping over the heels or the bottom of the dress.  

Arthur and Dawn finally came to a stop, the latter of the two sporting the biggest Cheshire Cat grin, "I'm so happy for you, Dawnie," Arthur told her as they wrapped their arms around one another again. He squeezed her one last time before walking over to sit besides his wife, taking their granddaughter onto his lap.

Remus reached his hand out and instantly Dawn placed hers into his. The man finally pushed the veil off of Dawn's face, his grin widening as he looked at his fiancé. Her make-up looked extremely elegant, showing off her natural beauty rather than hiding it. Her usually long red locks looked much shorter now and were curled as pinned back. She was breathtaking.

"You're so beautiful," Remus told her, kicking himself for the fact that his eyes began to sting with tears.

Dawn smiled warmly at him, "You're so handsome," She told him with a giggle. 

Neither of them tore their eyes from each other as Kingsley finally began the ceremony. He first greeted the small amount of guests there before doing the opening speech, one that neither Dawn nor Remus seemed interested in, instead, the couple kept stealing glances at one another, grinning like a couple of lovestruck teenagers.

"Now," Kingsley clapped his hands together, "Time for the vows."

The couple turned back to face one another, their hands were interlocked and neither of them seemed to reach for the vows they prepared. Remus let out a happy sigh, "Do you remember the first time we met?" He questioned, instantly the memory of that day flashed through Dawn's mind and she nodded, grinning widely, "From that day I knew you would be someone special in my life, I never expected you to want to marry me or to have my baby, but I knew you'd be someone important. You've always been too good for me and you always will be, but I'm so glad that you're going to be in my life forever because I don't think I could get through it without you. I love you, Dawn. I never thought I'd marry anyone, but now I couldn't imagine not marrying. I love you."

Dawn wiped the stray tear that fell from her eyes, "This is the first time I've been okay with someone making me cry," She muttered, chuckling under her breath and causing the guests and Remus to chuckle as well, "I don't think I'm ever going to out-vow you, so I'm just going to tell you how I feel about you. I love you, Remus Lupin. I love you more than I could ever express. I never had plans to marry anyone, but all that changed after I met you. Everything changed after I met you. It felt like I finally met my soulmate, I found the one person that understood me and loved me for just being me. I know you don't think that you deserve love, but you do Remus, you deserve so much of it and I'm just happy that you've let me be the one to show you that love."

Remus sniffled and squeezed Dawn's hand. His heart was swelling with joy at the idea of calling her his wife. At the idea of spending the rest of their lives together. It was the start of an intense scary adventure, but they had each other and that's all they needed.

"Rings please," Kingsley turned to Charlie, who wiped his eyes on the back of his hand before reaching into his blazer and pulling out two wedding bands which got passed to the couple.

"Dawn Mafalda Weasley, do you take Remus John Lupin to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health?"

"I do," Dawn nodded without any hesitation as she slid the wedding band onto Remus' finger, her eyes sparkled with adoration as she took in the sight. 

"Remus John Lupin, do you take Dawn Mafalda Weasley to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health?"

Remus grinned, "I do," He slid the other wedding band onto the redhead's finger, squeezing her hand comfortingly as he did so. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," Kingsley grinned, "You may kiss the bride."

Cheers erupted throughout the gazebo as Remus dipped his head down, capturing his wife's lips in a soft but passionate kiss. Dawn felt herself smiling through the kiss as her arms reached up to hold his face softly. 

As they began pulling away, Dawn opened her eyes to look directing into Remus', "I love you, Remus Lupin."

Remus' grin looked like it could split his cheeks, "I love you too, Dawn Lupin."

AN- Next chapter will be the start of Deathly Hallows, I can't believe how close to the end we are. I've got some ideas under my sleeve to make things a bit more interesting.