Chapter 6

Hazel

"Next time, make sure you lock the door once you're inside the car." He shake his head disapprovingly as he put on the seat belt.

His dark hair was left messily in a good way. His blue eyes held a mischief look while his face was unreadable.

"What are you doing?" I was perplexed with his moves.

"I was wondering if you could drive me home."

"You're kidding me, ain't you?" I said in disbelief.

"Why would I?"

"You could ask your friends to drive you home. I'm sure they will be more than willing to."

"Not on their way."

"And what makes you think that your house is on my way?" I was baffled by his words. "Anyway, I can't really drop you off now. I've to be somewhere else."

"Perfect." He said giving me a smile. "I can tag along. I don't want to go home so early."

"No. You can't tag along." I shake my head in disbelief. "Get out."

"Make me." He smirked.

"Are you being playful right now?" I asked surprise by his behaviour. I've always thought of him as a moody person.

"Whatever you want to call it." He shrugged. "Anyway, where are we going?"

I sighed. "You can take a cab home."

"I don't want a stranger to drive me home."

"I'm a stranger too."

He brushed me off with his hand. "Hurry up. I'm sure you are getting late."

Oh right. For a moment I forgot I had to pick up Smith.

"Fine." I said. "You asked for it."

"Where are we going? I think you're going the wrong way." He complained five minutes later in our drive.

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes and said. "Jeez. How do you know we're going the wrong way when you have no idea where I'm taking you."

"Where are we going?" He asked again.

"I'm just following the direction of the map." I said to him.

"Are you going to visit someone?" He asked as he removed my phone from the phone holder.

"Stop touching my things."

"I won't read your messages. I promise. I'm just looking at the map." He was quiet for sometime. "Why are we going there?"

"We're picking Smith." I said to him.

"Why?" He asked.

I looked at him quickly. "His car broke down."

"Did you tell him to call a cab?"

"I forgot." I said sheepishly.