27

" 𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 "

'hey miss America what's up' I chuckled 'Uh have you got a date to the Yule ball?' I scratched the back of my hair nervous for his reply. 'No not yet but I was about to ask a girl, why' I gulped, 'Oh don't worry I'll just go' I swiftly turned to start walking 'y/n!' I looked back around cringing a little. 'Would you go to the ball with me?' I smirked and ran back hugging him 'Yes, I will' Fred leaned down kissing my cheek 'Goodbye date' I then realised what that must of looked like and shouted at the walking away boy 'JUST AS FRIENDS THOUGH FRED'  He didn't reply just sticked up his thumb.

I strolled back alone not stressing over not having a date and now thinking about that strand of hair, I was an impatient person and decided to go to the library and lug along Hermione Granger as I knew about how much she would love to join me, I ran my way to the Gryffindor common room, 'Balderdash' The fat lady looked at me clearly angry, 'I'm leaving I just need to get Granger' She seemed upset but opened the door. I strolled in and Harry looked angry I was here but I ignored him 'Granger! I'm going to the library I need your help' She shot up and nodded leaving with me. 'What do you need help with' I showed her a strand of my hair. 'It keeps changing and I can't wait for Sirius to get back to me' She nodded thinking deeply 'I think I know what section' I nodded and followed her in.

We searched around for a little while before Hermione plopped down a huge book of "Weird things some wizards have" I giggled 'wow thanks for that' She rolled her eyes and sat opposite me she flicked to a page and slid the book across the table. 'Metamorphmagus.' I knitted my brows 'meta what now?' She pointed, 'Metamorphmagus, if someone is a Metamorphmagus it means that they can change their hair colour and eye colour willingly. All though sometimes a Metamorphmagus' hair and eye colour will change to their emotions.' I nodded now understanding. 'Sirius said something about Harry and I developing more skills at 15 you don't think I'm a Meta-thingy do you and it's just subtle now?' Hermione nodded 'I think that's exactly it' I grinned ear to ear 'Also don't mention that to Harry they haven't told him' She nodded and took my hand across the table.

'Are you going to the ball with Fred?' I nodded 'Yeah I am why?' Hermione bit her lip clearly hiding something from me 'And Malfoy, he's okay with it' It stung a little to hear his name 'He won't care' My voice was cold as ice and I made it clear I didn't want to talk about him. 'Look thank you for this, also Sirius told me that Dumbledore has said that he thought I'd be stronger, more powerful than Harry and I- I just I- I'm terrified because I'm the evil twin right but what if I am and what if that power I have is bad' Hermione didn't reply she just stared at me gobsmacked. 'You're not evil y/n/n you're you and I've seen you be happy and smiling I've seen you happy and I've seen you feel love' I winced at the last word 'No Hermione'.

I looked down at my hands 'I don't think I have felt love, not for the twins, not for Pansy, not for Draco. I think it's because they left me. My parents, I bounced from foster home to foster home and I've always had no one. I thinks that's why I'm the terrible one. He's the only thing that made me laugh and smile like that' Hermione nodded and squeezed my hand 'You can be good. I know it. Prove them wrong' I nodded and tore the page about Metamorphmagus, Hermione gasped and hit my arm. 'y/n you can't do that' I laughed and closed the book sliding it to the return pile. 'I hate to say it Hermione but I just did, thank you for that chat by the way. Please don't tell anyone' Hermione held up her hands 'It's safe with me your dignity will be fine'.

I made my way back to the common room 'Serpent' I deadpanned. It honestly was a stupid password all of our password's were, Slytherin were so up their asses. I saw our main little group on the sofa but I also saw Astoria Greengrass and Draco. With his arm over he shoulders. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach or someone had thrown a rock at me. I gulped and walked forward acting as normal as possible. Pansy was giving me a kind of I'm sorry look like she could of done anything. I looked at Blaise who looked incredibly uncomfortable 'Heard you're going with A weasley' Draco spat at me Astoria's face smug with a smirk. I nodded and kept my head up. 'I am I'm going with Fred. As friends.' He gritted his teeth 'Well I'm going with Astoria here' I told myself Don't give in. Don't give in.

'Fair enough' I replied 'I hope you have fun, Pansy, Blaise I need to tell you something I found out earlier, Theo you can come. It's important' They all jumped up wanting to leave the awkwardness. 'I'll leave Crabbe and Goyle with you' I smiled at Draco trying to get out of there as quickly as possible. The four of us sprinted upstairs to the girls dormitories they could come in because no one else was really going to come in. 'Uh y/n/n your hair' I ran to the mirror and saw the two front strands were black and the rest a bright white. My eyes too were a blinding white. 'A bit earlier than 15' I announced 'What?' Theo asked and I showed them the paper explaining. 'Apparently it would come in full at 15 but I guess now is good too' Pansy stroked my face 'Heartbreak' I laughed 'No, I think just disappointment' I lied knowing she was right and so did they. 'It's fine just focus on changing your eyes' Blaise encouraged trying to make me feel better. 'He was only trying to make you jealous because he was jealous of the Weasley' I nodded hugging the two boys 'Thank you guys' 

I took a deep breath and walked into Dumbledore's office, my eyes were still white and it needed to change. He had informed Snape I would be late, 'Oh wow' A woman with pink hair announced as I came in. 'Miss Potter is seems your Metamorphmagus has come' I nodded and held my breath so I didn't burst into tears. 'heartbreak' He said out loud inspecting me 'Tonks' The woman stepped forward and I shook her hand, 'I'm the same so I can teach you to change' I nodded 'I only need to change my eyes the hair is okay for now' Tonks nodded clearly understanding. 'Focus on the thing that upset you or made you feel the way you do and imagine yourself crushing it' I nodded and imagined myself crushing Draco and Astoria. I looked up and she nodded 'Do that when you feel change you don't want' Dumbledore was still examining me 'You and Miss Tonks can go more into detail with this on weekends but for now it is good' I nodded and bit my lip ready to go. 'Thank you Tonks but I really have to go' They both nodded and I ran off imagining myself crushing them.

I slid in next to Hermione, her and the other Gryffindor's staring at my hair, 'What happened?' Her whisper was harsh and I felt my eyes build up with tears I leaned close to her ear 'He's going with Astoria, I think they're together' Hermione looked back at me the strongest sympathetic look in her eyes. I just got on with my work terrified my eyes would change if I looked anywhere but the paper in front of me. Fred through a piece of paper at Ron and I leaned forward to see what it said "get a move on or all the good ones will be gone" Ron looked shocked 'Who you going with then?' Fred glanced at me 'I'm going with the hottest girl ever' He shot me a cheeky wink causing me to giggle a little. 'Oh just great' Ron announced clearly annoyed he was the only one without a date. 

Ron turned to Hermione 'You're a girl' I scoffed in shock at his words, the little git. I was close to finishing and I could tell so was Hermione 'Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl it's just sad.' Hermione slammed her book shut 'I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me. And I said yes' She stormed off and I smiled knowing Krum had asked 'Real smooth Ronald' I spat getting up and handing in my essay. I followed after Hermione but I accidentally caught the eyes of Draco. I felt my eyes change colour and I froze squeezing them shut and concentrating on him and Astoria just gone. I was back to normal, I looked back at him again and he looked sad. But I warned myself I didn't care. I was y/n fucking Potter not some pushover.

[A/N] lmao I didn't mean for this chapter to be so long