chapter 48

KIKIOPE

Exams would be starting in a few days and my school being the wicked people they were had decided we do Biology first, like what the hell! Checking all the previous past questions I realized there was this particular drawing that was asked subsequently so, I had to learn it and few more drawings so, it won't taint my results.

Picking up my pencil and my practical notebook, I stretched before getting up from my study table then I walked out of my room. No one was at home, so, I just locked the door and headed to Khalid's place.

"Hey," Khalid greeted with a wide smile as he opened the door widely for me to come in.

"Hi," I replied before stepping into the house.

"What of Kunmi?" I asked after he closed the door.

"He's in his room," he responded and I raised my brows.

"Doing what?"

A waggish smile appeared on his face, "Face timing with Bimpe."

"What!" My eyes widened.

"I don't know what they've been talking about since oo, he took a break from reading and the break has been over since, yet he's still on call with her," he explained and I pursed my lips before dashing into the room he'd moved into.

I met him laughing before I joined him on the bed, "I can't believe you're laughing with Bimpe."

He turned to me with a small smile, "When did you get here?"

I ignored him and turned to look at Bimpe who was scribbling something in her note, "Hmm, Bimpe, Bimpe, well done oo."

She smiled at me, "What's wrong with you?"

I wriggled my brows,"You'll sha gist me about everything, let me go and do what I came here for," I got down from the bed before flashing Kunmi a crook smile then I walked out of the room.

"Good thing you're also studying Biology," I whispered into Khalid's ears after I walked into his room.

He smiled before I pulled out the chair in front of him.

"Did you come because of Biology?"

I bobbed my head, "Yeah, actually it's because of that stupid practical, I don't even know how I'll draw it gan."

He chuckled, "Don't worry, I'll teach you."

"Good," I gave him a thumbs up, and he smiled.

"Bring your chair here."

"Okay," I carried the chair and placed it by his side, he glanced at me before turning back to his book.

"I don't even know where to start from gan," he complained and I pouted.

"Finish the one you're doing first before you na sort out the ones likely to come out during the exam," I told him, and he nodded before turning back to his book with full concentration.

I watched him as he drew the skeleton like the adept he was and I couldn't help but admire him. My eyes flickered to his face and found myself getting attracted to it, I was looking at him differently like he wasn't the best friend I grew up with.

"You're the one staring now oo," he interrupted before turning to look at me,  I looked away quickly and faked a cough.

He chuckled lightly and I tapped his book, "Teach me the drawing of cells first."

He creased his brows and looked at me like I'd grown horns, "You can't draw cells?"

I rolled my eyes.

"How did you pass?"

I pursed my lips, "Not like it's only the question now, have you forgotten that we are always required to answer four questions out of several so, I ignore it and do another one."

He sighed, "You have a lot to learn."

I pouted, "You'll just teach me the necessary ones not the whole textbook."

"Hmm, okay, let's start with the plant cell, look at what I'm drawing and not my face oo."

I scoffed, "As if," but then I ended up staring at his face, he caught me and turned to look at me, this time I didn't look away and that was how we started the staring competition only for me to lose at the end 'cause I couldn't look into his glassy caramel eyes for so long.

The question now is why? I always looked into his eyes for a long time before but now I was finding it hard to do that.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

"Hey," I greeted immediately I got to our rendezvous and sat in front of him. I'd just left the exam hall after we'd finished our last paper and our supervisor had instructed Bimpe to follow her with our exam papers.

"Hi," he looked up from his note and smiled at me, I looked around and realized others were probably still in the exam hall.

"What are you doing?" I asked while trying to poke my head into his book.

"I'm stuck on this question," he tapped his pen on the question and I wriggled my brows.

"What are you doing in technical class?" I jested and he chuckled.

"You're not okay."

"This is my own pay back too," I teased.

He lifted his brows," Like you can solve the question, it's maths not English oo."

I smiled, "I can solve it."

He raised his right brows, "Hmm."

"You think I'm joking? Something I did last night though it took some time, infact bring it gan," I bragged, and he narrowed his eyes before giving me the book and his pen.

I glanced at him before picking his pen to solve the question.

"Mr. Man, come and sit beside me, and yeah, look at the question and not my face oo," I joked and he chuckled before standing up to sit beside me.

"Listen to what I'm explaining and not my sweet voice oo," I teased, and he chortled.

Then I proceeded to solve the question and explain it to him.

"Done, now check the answer," I dropped the pen on the table with pride.

He glanced at me before checking the answer," So, you even have brain."

"No, I have beans," I joked, and we both laughed.  I stopped in the middle of the laughter to watch him laugh as his face glistened. Okay now, why am I checking him out?

Your thoughts on this chapter?
Remember to vote