Potions Class

AN: Hey, readers! Hope you are all good and safe! Here is the chapter of the day!

.....

Nico turned his head to look at what he supposed was the professor of this class. As soon as he entered the chatter among the students ceased to an end. He had a black robe that reached his feet, he was old and bald with a not-so-great-physique. "I see we have a new student." he said cheerfully, "My Professor Slughorn and welcome, Nico to Hogwarts! I saw your potions grades from your past school and I am impressed."

"Thank you, professor, I hope to learn new things here," Nico said politely. He could hear Draco chuckle beside him. Nico never showed politeness except with gods since they could snap their fingers and he would be gone. He elbowed Draco and had a small smile on his face.

"Well can anyone tell me what does Veritaserum does?" Slughorn asked turning his attention back to the class. In instantly Hermione raised her hand, Slughorn didn't even face her but said, "Yes, Miss Granger?"

"Veritaserum is a powerful truth serum. The potion effectively forces the drinker to answer any questions put to them truthfully," she answered in a computer-like way, which honestly freaked Nico out a bit.

"5 points to Gryffindor. Now please go to page 49 and start brewing it."

The flipping of pages could be heard and each of them started aking them individually. Surprisingly, he finished before everyone and Slughorn seemed to be fascinated by it.

"Mister Di Angelo I knew you were good but never this fast! And it's perfect! Drink a bit of it to see if it works." Slughorn looked admiringly at Nico. He tried to protest saying that he really shouldn't since if he drank it maybe he'll spill his mission. However, he didn't seem to back down so he really didn't have a choice. He put 3 drops of it in a glass of water nearby and tipped the glass to his lips.

"What's your name?" asked Harry who was behind him beside Ron.

"Nico Di Angelo." He said automatically.

"Why are you here?" Ron asked suspiciously,

Nico this time chose his words very carefully. "Dumbledore asked for me and my father accepted." It wasn't a lie. Technically Dumbledore needed help, Hecate asked for me along with Dumbledore and his father did accept. It wasn't a lie it was hiding parts of the truth.

"What's your favorite color?" Hermione who was in the seat in front of him asked curiously.

"Gold," Nico answered instantly. Even though he did like black he preferred gold because it reminded him of Will. How his curly hair would look gold against the sun and every time they held hands his boyfriend seems to glow and brighten up. Draco gave him a knowing smirk and he just scoffed at him while feeling the Veritaserum fade away.

Since he had a lot of time left he decided to help Neville seeing as the son of Demeter was failing miserably at executing the potion. He neared him and stood beside him but apparently his unexpected appearance startled the boy so much that he had moved his cauldron and the liquid when flying at Nico. As a reflex, he prevented it from touching his face by purring his arm in front but all of it managed to hit his shirt and sweater anyways. Somehow the liquid was releasing vapor from it. Nico quickly took his top clothes off and watched as the shirt and sweater disintegrated in front of him.

Realising that he bare-chested and that many people were staring at him, most of the girls and some of the boys not leaving their eyes from his figure he rushed to Draco and took his robe. Draco didn't refrain him from taking it and he quickly buttoned it covering him up. He couldn't help it, the son of Athena laughed at the scene. So hard that many looked at him weirdly.

"Oh, shut up!" Nico said annoyed having a small smile because if it had happened to anybody else other than him he may have found the situation humorous as well.

.....

"What class do we have now?" Nico asked walking beside Hermione.

"History of magic." replied Hermione with flushed cheeks recalling the earlier event. Nico nodded not noticing her behaviour.

Once they arrived he sat and saw that he shared this class with the Ravenclaws. He spotted Luna and took the seat on her right. "Hey, Luna." he greeted. She threw him a smile.

"Oh, you're gonna love this teacher!" she said excitedly. A couple of minutes after the teacher arrived. They made eye contact and in a second the ghost was beside him.

"Master! Please forgive me!"

.....

AN: Hey! Hope you liked it and please follow this story I post everyday. Stay safe, everyone!