14 I dare you

Chapter 14

"Dare night, seriously?" I stared at Tyler in disbelief while he had an accomplished grin plastered on his face. Then I continued, "How old are you? Five?"

"Games night, Olivia. It's games night," Tyler corrected me, barely withholding his laughter. Because my annoyance was clearly hilarious.

Remember the time I thought it was impossible to dislike Tyler? I officially retract that statement.

"This just keeps getting better, doesn't it?" I scoffed in exasperation. Ethan chuckled beside me while Alexis smilingly shook her head at my words before someone called her over.

We were in Tyler's apartment in Madison Avenue, awaiting the arrival of his "surprise" guests. Like the guests that had already arrived weren't enough.

"Come on, it might just be fun," Ethan said in mocking consolation, and I glared at him.

"Easy for you to say, traitor," I retorted while he smirkingly raised his palms in surrender and left to grab a drink. It was unfair how he got a free pass to bail on this lame event.

"Not for long," Tyler said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked, momentarily deviating from the topic of my displeasure.

"Let's just say that I have a diabolical master plan," Tyler stated with a sly grin. What was he up to now?

I had no clue, and I didn't want to find out.

"Why am I not surprised?" I deadpanned, but he was unbothered by my tone and maintained his level of excitement.

"FYI dare night is awesome," he said dramatically, and I scoffed again.

"And your opinion matters because?" I asked rhetorically with no intention to entertain his reasoning.

There were a million ways I'd want to spend my break in New York, and this definitely wasn't one of them. My supposed plans had gone down the drain, at the hands of this sadistic devil incarnate.

"Because it's my birthday, so the only valid opinion here is mine," Tyler said with a smug grin, and I rolled my eyes.

Birthday my ass, it had been his bloody birth-week.

A whole week of annoying encounters, with exasperating people.

From his extravagant parties to karaoke nights, I had not protested even once, but I had suffered enough.

Remind me again, as to why had I put up with this?

When I stared at the excited smile on Tyler's face, it was the only cue I needed. He had made my life a living hell by making it exceedingly hard for me to refuse his optimistic persistence.

Piece of advice: Do not succumb to Tyler's liveliness, its all a ploy.

So instead of responding to his dramatics, I just gazed at him impassively before making my way to the kitchen. I just had started walking when I felt a presence behind me.

"Live a little, smartass," Adrian whispered into my ear, sneaking up on me and placing his palm on the small of my back. I barely got time to register his touch before he pulled away and stood beside me, leaving an unsolicited heat in its wake. Great, exactly what I needed.

I regarded him with a raised eyebrow and stated flatly, "If this is your definition of living, no wonder your brain cells are so degenerated."

He chuckled and placed his arm over my shoulder, "Your words hold the key to my heart, Olivia."