22.

"Hey! We're not done yet!" I called out as Niall walked alway from me. 

"I'm bored!" Niall groaned as he walked over to his couch and laid down on his back,  placing his arms under his head and closing his eyes. 

He looked so peaceful, the way his chest lightly rose up and down. I probably looked like a creep just watching him. I sighed before turning back around and instead focused my attention to the assignment. I probably got everything I could out of Niall. So it was up to me to finish the rest of the page off. I scanned the screen in front of me thinking of what else I could write. 

It had taken us quite a while to get anything typed up seeing as Niall was very difficult and wouldn't stay focused. Time was also wasted because Niall's choice of words weren't the best. I had to go back and read everything he wrote making sure to delete and replace all his curse words and rude unprofessional comments. Eventually I began typing out my thoughts, satisfied at the fact they were flowing so smoothly. 

"Do you like football?" I heard Niall ask after a couple minutes. 

"Not really." I answered, squinting at the screen as I tried to read over what I had just typed. 

"Do you like rugby?" 

"No." 

"Boxing?" 

"No." 

"Hmmm... Tennis?"

"No." I rolled my eyes annoyed at the fact that he was trying to hold a conversation and slowing my typing while I was already deep in focus.

"What about-" 

"Niall," I sighed now completely losing focus. "Im sorry, but will it KILL you to be quiet for just ten minutes??" I raised an eyebrow at him. 

He sat up a bit and rested his weight on his elbows, peaking his head over the couch. His face expressed shock at my sudden outburst but his lips quickly formed into a smirk. So he found this amusing?

"Sorry princess." He smirked shooting me a wink before laying back down. 

What is it with Niall and his pet names towards me? It was weird yet whenever he uses one my heart uncontrollably skips a beat. I rolled my eyes, ignoring the feeling and turned back to the screen.

Ten long minutes of me typing and Niall asking me every ten seconds if I was done yet and I was finally done.

"Okay, finished!" I smiled in satisfaction as I looked over our work for the 50th time. I wanted it to be A+ worthy because I do not play about my grades. I read over Niall's part hoping I didn't miss anything he might have put in there that was unprofessional. Surprisingly his part was longer than mine because he had good thoughts and more to say about the assignment than me. I was just happy he actually put in effort. 

I heard his footsteps coming towards me and eventually I sensed him right behind me. I felt his hand rest on the top of the stool that I was sitting on while his other hand rested on the edge of the island top. 

He leaned over my shoulder. 

"Hmmm.." He nodded as he scanned the screen.

I gulped. I too had my eyes on the screen but all I was focused on was on the feeling of his warm chest against me, his hand that was on the stool eventually moved to my waist, and the fact that his chin was practically resting on my shoulder. I felt my heart beat raising so fast. He was so close to me that I could feel his soft breath on my neck causing shivers to go down my back. I turned my head slightly towards him but careful for him to not notice. I watched his features. The way he slightly squinted at the screen and furrowed his eyebrows as he read over the final words.

He was breathtaking without even trying. 

"Uh huh.. solid work." He nodded, smiling slightly before he turned his head to look at me.
I felt my breath hitch when I realized our faces were only inches apart.

"T-thanks.." My eyes widened when I saw his eyes slowly flicker down to my lips. I quickly turned my head towards his laptop and scooted my body away from him. This was so awkward and I was hoping that by looking away he'd back away from me. 

But I was wrong. 

"Am I making you nervous Ava?" He teased, his breath hot on my neck sending shivers down my spine. 

"N-no." I gulped but it was so obvious he did make me nervous. 

I felt my heart literally leave my body when he abruptly spun my chair around to face him. Both his arms were against the island table on either side of me, trapping me in between. A smirk was plastered on his face as he leaned down towards me. 

"How about now?" He smirked. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out because I was so lost in his sea blue eyes that were staring deeply into mine that I forgot how to speak. 

He chuckled before cupping my face, bringing his face closer to mine until our noses almost touched. He looked down to my lips and I couldn't help but do the same as he bit his bottom lip. 

Butterflies formed in my stomach and my eyes unconsciously closed when I saw him begin to lean in. 

He was going to kiss me. And I wasn't going to stop him. 

His soft lips brushed against mine and they lingered there for a short second, almost waiting to see if I would pull away. When he realized  I wasn't going to he finally closed the distance between us, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. 

Then another.

And another.

He brought his hand down to my neck, pulling me closer in order to deepen our kiss. 

Kissing Niall felt amazing.  

But before it got.. steamy.. we were interrupted by a loud knock on his door which caused me to jump and quickly pull away. 

He closed his eyes and let out a loud sigh. The fact that we were interrupted clearly annoyed him. As he turned to walk over the door I took the chance to turn back around and catch my breath. My cheeks were hot and my stomach was doing flips. 

I can't believe Niall and I almost completely made out. 

"Who the hell are you?" A voice asked causing me to turn around. I was surprised when I came face to face with a tall blonde haired girl.  She wore black skinny jeans and a black fitted coat over her white crop top. 

"Well?" She asked again crossing her arms. 

"Umm, I'm Ava." I said snapping out of whatever shock I was I in from the kiss. 

Just then Niall came rushing into the room. Cheeks lightly flustered as he looked between the girl and I. 

"Okay Ava. And what the hell are you doing here at my boyfriend's flat?"