𝟐𝟖 - 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐬

"(y/n)?!" the sound of muffled voices brought me back to consciousness.

I gradually squinted my eyes open. I sat up, massaging the throbbing pain that had developed in my head. Becoming aware of the body I was leaning against and the arms that held me steady I spun round. Anakin. here he was, in the flesh, alive.

Still in denial, I convinced myself this was just some sort of desperate hallucination, I wouldn't be suprised if i'd gone mad from all the emotional trauma from the past year. "wow I must have hit my head really hard, I could have sworn Anakin-"

"(y/n), I'm here. It's real" I scrambled up out of his arms and paced back in astonishment, shaking my head.

"no. no, I watched you die. you- YOU WERE DEAD"

he stood up also then his face dropped in guilt. I paced round the jedi council room my eyes not leaving anakin as I stared at him like I was seeing a ghost. The other masters dotted around the room, stayed silent. Not even Yoda wanted to be the one to break the news.

Obi-Wan eventually spoke up "We had to fake Anakin's death. It was the only way the mission could succeed"

Everything stopped. My jaw dropped as I looked to Obi-wan, to Anakin, then back to Obi-wan. I felt myself become dizzy again as I started to wobble slightly but manged to stay upright for the time being.

"wh-what?" a dash of anger spiced my tone "you lied to me?" My thoughts travelled back to when Obi-wan had consoled me just before anakins death, It was all a lie?

"We had to (y/n), only members of the council was allowed to know. We needed it to be as believable as possible" Mace Windu said from beside Obi-Wan. "After the attack on the temple, we needed General Skywalker to go undercover and investigate, it was vital for the safety of the republic"

Ignoring Mace's petty explanation, I could only think about how...they all lied to me. All those times they passed me in the corridors with sympathetic smiles and sombre emotions, when really they knew that Anakin was very much alive.

"Do you have any idea what I had to go through?" I tried to stay as calm as possible as my breathing quickened and anger began to seeth insde. "I had NO ONE. You drugged me, then locked me up in what felt like some sort of tortorous prison cell, alone, FOR WEEKS"

Anakin snapped round to the council members and grumbled over his shoulder "I thought we agreed you were going to make sure she was safe?"

"AND YOU-" the rage inside me began to boil over, as I stormed closer to Anakin. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, I TRUSTED YOU. YOU- YOU WERE THE ONE PERSON I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT AND YOU KNEW THAT ANAKIN, YOU KNEW THAT"

Visibly seeing how hurt I was (GIF above) he shook his head and stepped closer but I held up my hand before he could reach me.

"NO, no. Don't come anywhere near me" I backed towards the doors to leave but as I pushed against them...they wouldn't budge.

"What sort of sick joke is this? What, are you just going to lock me in here until I forgive you all?"

"that wasn't us" Mace murmured.

Then, the lights flickered off and a huge crash rocked the whole temple building, sending various precious statues and other objects smashing to the ground. Anakin leaps over to me and holds his arms out protectively infront of me. His hand brushes against mine.

"dont touch me" I hissed, shoving him away.

"attention, the city of coruscant has been invaded. All citizens evacuate to the nearest emergency transports" speakers echo all over the city-planet as huge ships, ones i'd never seen before touched down onto the concrete of coruscant.

"Ah General Skywalker, it seems you were right. They're here"

However angry I was, I couldn't hold back my curiosity

"who? what?"

"Whilst I was...away, I manged to recover plans for a second attack on coruscant from the empire. Evacuation protocol has already been set for the jedi and citizens, it was just a matter of time until they'd arrive" Anakin explained, as he surveyed the commotion in the streets below out of the huge rounded window from the other side of the room.

"We will handle things here, General Skywalker, general (y/l/n) you must get to your transports" Mace instructed.

I could see Anakin's face tighten as he wanted to insist on staying, but looking over at me. he nodded and began to leave. "Good luck and may the force be with you" he called over to Obi-Wan and the rest of the council.

Anakin urged me to follow him out of the door and towards the lower level landing pads where a bunch of evacuation transports had gathered, I obliged reluctantly. I trailed after him, "shouldn't we be helping them? if these servants of the empire are really as bad as you say then they're going to need all the help they can get"

"This has been planned for weeks, months (y/n), the council have this under control. All you need to worry about is getting out of here"

I was still trying to wrap my head around all of this, the invasion, becoming a Jedi knight, Anakin returning from the dead, and seeing him like this rocked things up even more. He was acting so...mature? I guess he had changed and grown too over these past months, and not just personality wise...

"well...what about you?" I muttered quietly, as I trailed close on his feet. I hated Anakin right now but that doesn't mean I didn't care about him, I always would.

"Everyone has been split into small groups, we will all be sent to different safe countries, where no danger can find us. The groups are listed over there" he said pointing over to a large hologram table placed in the centre of one of the various landing pads.

Pacing over to the table that projected hundreds of lists and names, I pushed through the crowd that had gathered around it and scanned for my name.

safe location: Naboo

group: Zac Starson, (y/n) (y/l/n), Anakin Skywalker, Kayla Kindred

transport: NO.4750

of course.

wait...who's Kayla?

(a/n)

ok, wow wow wow. A lot going on in this chapter. Please if any of it confuses you or if you have any critiques, feel free to say! feedback is good for me :)

hope you are enjoying!