𝟤𝟦 | The Maid

••

••

Bella

I woke up at the feeling of the slight touch on my skin. It was featherlight touch, slowly making patterns on my cheeks, then making it's way up, playing with the strands of my hair. My eyes still closed, maybe I was dreaming? I enjoyed the touch, so much that I groaned and leaned more into it to feel. That's when I realized, it wasn't a dream.

A deep chuckle made me flinch and my eyes fluttered open to see a beautiful man sitting at the edge of my bed, his eyes buried in mine as he showed me his most  beautiful smile. His fingers slowly went up and tangled themselves with my hair as he played, grazing my scalp. It was such a foreign yet so familiar feeling. My breath was stolen from me as his bluish steel colored eyes stared at me, watching my moves. The same eyes that soothed me last night, those same touches made my aching heart feel relaxed. His touch was so gentle and so sweet. Last night, he handled me as if I was someone precious to him. I didn't expect him to suddenly enter my room but I couldn't complain. His warmth was something I needed badly last night. I needed to get out of my horrible past and even for a few moments, his arms made me feel protected. I was surprisingly so comfortable with his arms around me that I didn't want to let it go. He didn't complain either as he softly rubbed my back and mumbled sweet words until I fell asleep.

Lucifer LaRasso. He wore a black suit jacket, blue shirt underneath and black slack, his dark brown hair set perfectly as he looked totally ready for the day. Or should I say he looked deliciously handsome.

Shaking my head, I quickly sat up straight, making a decent distance between us. He looked a little disappointed but didn't stop me as he removed his hand from touching me and surprisingly, I missed the warmth. I ran my fingers over my hair, trying to fix my morning hair, I'm sure my hair looked like a bird nest. He didn't avert his eyes as he diligently watched my moves.
"Why are you here, Mr. LaRasso?" I whispered in my morning voice. 

He didn't seem to like my words as his smile disappeared from his face, replacing it with a stern look. "The next time you call me Mr. LaRasso, I'll make sure you face the consequences." He spoke loud, his voice held every ounce of seriousness.

My eyes widened at the sudden change in him. One second, he was so nice and the next second, he becomes rude. Not wanting to ruin the morning, I simply nodded, pulling the bedsheet closer to my chest.

"So what were you asking again?" He asked, acting like he didn't hear me the first time.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "Why are you here, Lucifer?" His name rolled out of my tongue so beautifully as he let out a sigh before his eyes softened at me again.

"To see you. You didn't come down for breakfast today," he spoke, his voice was soft and so gentle. "Good morning, Princess." He added with a smile on his face.