Ch 4: Knight Nearl Is Going Insane

Rhodes Island Pharmaceutical...

Heavy footsteps echo in throughout the corridor. A blue-haired girl stops typing and turns around, smiling at the blonde woman walking into her office.

"Welcome back, Nearl." The blue-hair girl says, "Did you complete your mission?"

"Hmm. It was just escorting some construction materials."

The knight called Nearl is wearing a heavy suit of armour, and she is carrying a black shield and axe on her back

The knight called Nearl is wearing a heavy suit of armour, and she is carrying a black shield and axe on her back. She has golden eyes, blond hair, and ears that shake slightly when she talks.

The latter is perhaps what ruins her majestic appearance.

Nearl takes off her axe and shield and puts them next to the door. She says, "Is today your shift, Fang?"

"Yep," The blue-haired girl named Fang nods in acknowledgement

"Yep," The blue-haired girl named Fang nods in acknowledgement. Her blue ears swing slightly, "Actually, it's Rangers's shift, but he left with Amiya, so I am just helping him out."

"Amiya left?"

"I guess the doctor gave her a mission, and she left for that, but the doctor is not here right now," Fang stretches, "I am so bored. I also want to go."

Nearl doesn't continue the conversation and begins to take off her armour. Rhodes Island is like her home. After a mission, naturally, she wants to relax. She is prepared to take a bath with her friend, Shining just like in the past.

However, Shining is not in Rhodes Island.

"Did Shining leave?" Nearl frowns, "with which squad?"

"No squad. She left alone."

"Where?"

"Chernobog."

When Nearl tries to recall information about that place, Fang says, "Shining submitted a request ten minutes ago, but the doctor and Amiya are not here, so I don't know how I should respond to her."

"Request? What request?" Nearl asks.

"Rather than a request, it is better to call it an invitation. Shining recommended someone to the company, and hoped that we could recruit him." Fang turns to her desk and looks through the documents, "Give me a second. I just printed it out."