2

The next day, Faline walks into school with a big bandage on her neck, the stitched-up bite wound hidden underneath to prevent infection. All eyes were on her, the majority of the student population having heard about it overnight.

"Everyone's staring" Faline hisses to her two best friends.

"Because you look beautiful" Stiles blurts, his cheeks going red. "I mean that only you could pull off-"

Faline presses a gentle kiss to the rambling boy's cheek and his face flushes an even deeper red.

"Thank you," Faline says to her best friend. "You're a good friend Stiles"

"Yeah, friend" Stiles mutters. "Let's see them"

Faline peels back the bandage and Scott lifts his shirt. The wounds were deep and bloody, causing their friend to gag loudly as he waves his hands around.

"Okay, never mind, put them away" Stiles waves his hands spastically.

Faline rolls her eyes playfully, pushing the bandage back onto her neck making sure it stayed down.

"It was too dark to see much but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf," Scott says.

"A wolf bit you?" Stiles asks. "No not a chance"

"I heard a wolf howling," Scott says.

"No you didn't," Stiles says.

"What do you mean no you didn't?" Scott asks. "How do you know what I heard?"

"California doesn't have wolves," Stiles says. "Not in like sixty years"

"Really?" Scott asks.

"Yes really," Stiles says. "There are no wolves in California"

"Well if you don't believe me about the wolves then you definitely won't believe that Faline found the body," Scott says.

"You found the body?" Stiles asks Faline who nods, grimacing. "Are you kidding me?"

"I wish" Faline shudders. "It was disgusting. Then to top it all off I fell down a hill, then I had to run. Do you know how much I hate running?"

"You're so lazy," Scott says, nudging his friend.

"I am not lazy" Faline scoffs. "I am resting up for my thirties. Yep, got a lot planned"

"Like?" Scott asks.

"I'm going to break the longest sleep world record," Faline says with a proud nod.

"Why don't you do a marathon or something?" Scott asks and Faline snorts.

"This boy," Faline shakes her head at Scott. "I don't run. If I'm running, you best start running because something bad is coming"

Faline is sat at her desk in English class, her cheek rested on her palm as she struggles to keep herself awake.

Her eyes flutter before her head jolts up when Scott swipes her arm from under her chin, having to stop her face from slamming into the desk.

"You fuck-"

"As you all know," The teacher says. "There indeed was a body found in the woods last night, some of you were even stupid enough to go searching for it"

Everyone looks at Faline who stuck her middle finger up behind the teacher's back, causing the class to erupt into giggles.

"I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened" The teacher continues. "But please don't follow the example set by Miss Michaels here"