𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑉

𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂𝙸𝙴𝚂 𝙲𝚁𝚄𝚂𝙷𝙴𝙳 𝙰𝚂 𝙱𝚄𝙻𝙻𝚂 𝙰𝚃𝚃𝙰𝙲𝙺

(Y/N) walked eagerly to the circulation gates the next morning

(Y/N) walked eagerly to the circulation gates the next morning. "Alright guys, new day, new strike!" She looked around. "Where is everyone?"

   "Oh, I'm sure theys comin'," Owen replied. "Ey, (Y/N), is Central Neserdnia with us or nah?"

   "Uh, well, that depends on how you look at it," (Y/N) replied. "If you look at a map, then yes, Central is with us. If you're talkin' 'bout the strike, then nah, they ain't with us."

   "Oh..."

   "Uh, but don'ts worry! We've still got the rest of the kingdom! Eyo, Rodger, is the east coast with us?"

   "Well... the east coast wants to know what Central's gonna do," Rodger replied.

   "Oh, ok. But we've still got the folks uptown, right Charlie?"

   "Uptown will be right there backin' us up," Charlie said.

   "See?!"

   "As soon as we get the nod from Central."

   "Shit, o-ok um... how- how 'bout the folks by the Cher rivière, Ernie?"

   "Theys said the same thing," Ernie replied.

   "Damn it!"

   "Say, Oscar, it looks like we got bum information 'bout a strike goin' on 'ere." Morris and Oscar Delancey were walking up to the gates.

   "Is that so?" Oscar replied. He looked at the newsies through the gate. "This outta be fun." Morris opened the gate and let the newsies in.

   Varian came running up to them. "Hey, (Y/N)!"

   "V, there you are! We's been waitin' for ya. So did ya tell the king?"

   "It's all anyone's talking about at the castle."

   "That's great! This strike is gonna work out just great!" (Y/N) walked over to her fellow newsies.

   "Wait," Varian called after her. "I-I think you should stop this."

   (Y/N) turned around. She narrowed her eyes at Varian. "What? Why?"

   "(Y/N), I've been thinking about this and I don't think we should follow through. The king really needs this extra money. I'm not quite sure for what, but he needs it."

   (Y/N) looked down at the ground. 

   Varian sighed and turned away. "Now is the time to seize the day," he heard (Y/N) sing. He turned back around to look at her. "Stare down the odds and seize the day
Minute by minute
That's how you win it
We will find a way
But let us seize the day."