13| New Years

13. New Years

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

      THE MARAUDERS, MINUS ELEANOR SUCCESSFULLY PLANNED A NEW YEARS CELEBRATION. — Eleanor was invited at the least and she wouldn't have gone if Logan Harris had not asked her. Logan and Eleanor were often caught hanging out together. Their friendship solidified quickly, but there were a few of her other friends who were opposed to Logan. The main one being James. He had no opinion that influenced Eleanor. She spent more time thinking of her Ravenclaw friend than she did thinking of James and yearning for him. Logan was only a temporary solution as deep down the girl knew that she was only crushing on this because she caught James and Lily snogging in a broom cupboard in the past week.

Logan had treated her well. At least she knew that this time her feelings were returned. The evidence of this being he initiated a kiss one night under the stars. They were wrapped up in blankets and woolen clothes, she had been wearing his Ravenclaw jersey. It wasn't the same feeling that Eleanor felt when she locked lips with James for seconds. This one didn't have the same intensity of butterflies, but she ignored that. Now Logan was attached to his hip. She was walked to class by the boy and they went on night "dates' ' which he managed to avoid being punished as he was a prefect himself. The party in the Room of Requirement was the first 'official' date he had asked her on.

Now she was sitting on her bed as Angelica hunted for the perfect outfit that Eleanor could wear. Claiming she wanted one that could "woo all the boys" her words, not Eleanors. The party was currently being set up and they were planning to arrive early, Logan's suggestion. Knowing that the Marauders were her friends. Angelica was creating a mess until a lightbulb went off in her head pulling out a navy blue dress a 60s' and 70s' fusion. The dress was short, but it fit her like nothing else. Looking at her reflection, Eleanor felt beautiful. She was a grinning mess when Angelica nodded, knowing that she would woo more than Logan in the Ravenclaw colours. She didn't try much with her makeup as it wasn't some event that she needed to attract others. The girl spent more time trying to control her natural curls. By the time of departure, she looked like a completely different person. Her hair was usually pulled behind her ears in a pony, now they fell into her face, the ringlets framing her face.

The gentlemen that asked Angelica and Eleanor out were waiting outside of the Gryffindor commons. Sirius had departed his position in setting up the room to link arms with his girlfriend, Angelica. Logan casually greeted Eleanor with a compliment and a hug. Eleanor was already blushing under his gaze. Together the couples trekked towards the seventh floor which was on the other side of the school.

When there, the music was loud and there were a few people snacking and drinking a mix of muggle alcohol and magical alcohol. The music was similar, there were muggle bands such as The Beatles, Queen and some solo artists, same with the Weird Sisters and Spellbound. Eleanor finally introduced her new set of arm candy to her bigger group of friends. Remus and Logan already knew each other. The nerds that they are were common study partners. Leia knew him as they were in the same house. Peter didn't particularly care, but he wasn't rude about it. James was putting on a persona, the rest knew that he wasn't pleased with Harris' appearance. Even Logan knew that.

"James, why are you being so rude?" Eleanor cornered the Quidditch captain once the party was in full swing. She was willing to start an argument with him because Eleanor tried to be friendly with Lily because she made James happen and Eleanor had a reason to dislike the redhead.

"Why must I? He is your friend, not mine." James shrugged. Eleanor couldn't decipher whether he was being stand-offish or not.

"I'm friendly to Lily because she is your friend." Eleanor shot back, not taking this as a funny joke.

"Lily is an angel, she wouldn't do anything to you." Oh how Eleanor wanted to ruin her image. Instead of letting her emotions get the best of her, the girl swallowed her pride. Seeming that James couldn't swallow his.

"What has Logan done to you? Huh? Please inform me, because I cannot deal with a split between the Marauders, again. You know this happens time and time again like our friendship is a cycle. Isn't this as draining to you as it is to me?

Don't you want to break the cycle?" Eleanor pleaded, letting her barriers drop the slightest bit.

"Maybe I do, but I just don't like him." James wasn't taking her points to heart. They were all going through one ear and out the other.

"Well, I tried. I don't like Lily either, but she makes you happy and that is enough for me." Eleanor shoved the ignorant prick before he could see her eyes glaze over, tears forming. She returned to Logan, swallowing her emotions as he dragged her onto the make-shift dance floor.

Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" played out over the speaker and Longan smiled as he flailed his arms around like he was drowning. His actions made Eleanor laugh, forgetting about the previous issue and joining her date in dancing like no one was watching. For the next few songs they were dancing, until they became out of breath and sweaty. It was hours since the party had become and as Eleanor predicted, a headache was starting to present itself.

"Logan, could we please leave. I need some air?" Logan agreed, quickly bidding goodbye to the Marauders who were off their faces, drowning in Fire Whiskey. Thei hands interlaced as he led her towards the Astronomy tower. A place with plenty of room and air to inhale.

Once they sat in a similar position that they had their first kiss in she smiled up at him before overlooking the open fields that were Hogwarts grounds. Logan didn't say anything he watched her thinking that she wouldn't notice. She did, she wasn't oblivious to the feeling of his gaze. She bit her cheek, not moving to catch him in the act.

"Does James not like me?" Logan genuinely asked her, knowing that Eleanor hunted the party for him. He even overheard the ending of the conversation. Something she didn't know.

"I would try and lie, but in all honesty... I cannot do that without feeling guilty afterwards. He does, I have no idea why though. He wouldn't tell me." She blurted out, barely breathing as her words spilled.

"That doesn't change anything between us, right?" Logan was now quiet. Did he think she would even do that. Maybe, she hadn't proved him otherwise.

"Of course not! You're my friend too, well we also kiss. I don't think friends do that." Eleanors mind began to wander off into different topics, a common occurrence.

"Maybe not, but I didn't mind it at all." Logan sent a cheeky wink in her direction. Eleanor was basically a puddle around him. Deep down, the girl wished that it was James sitting here with her, not Logan. She knew that it was impossible as Lily Evans finally took the chance to return the feelings that he had ever since they first met on the train. Logan wasn't half-bad through, he cared and he was kind. Maybe she would have to see where this could go. Maybe she could replace her feelings for James with Logan Harris. A boy who actually liked her too.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

please vote and comment!
word count: 1292
written: 21/08/2020
edited 10/09/2020