Season 1: Chapter 27

Season 1

Chapter 27

Nagpakawala ako ng maiksing buntong-hininga. Hilda opened the curtains and the window. The sunlight went through me. Napapikit ako sa liwanag. I turned my head on the side.

It is a sunny day again. How long has it been since I came out?

“My lady, you should get out sometimes. There is no use in feeling embarrassed.” I felt my cheeks hot. Binigyan ko lamang siya ng tingin.

“Ano?” I am not in the mood for her to annoy me. I feel restless.

Isang buntong-hininga ulit.

Good grief, it seems like my sighs are becoming more plenty these days.

“You may act bold but you are not on the inside. You are the type to regret actions when it is finally done.” Kumunot ang aking noo. Marahan akong suminghal. I leaned on the headrest of my bed.

“Hindi ko alam ang mg sinasabi mo, Hilda.” I drew random doodles on my bedsheet with my index finger. I sighed again.

“My lady, don’t act like you don’t know it. Naririnig ko ang tahimik mong mga impit araw-araw.” I stopped. My eyes widened.

Oh damn, was it that loud? Ang alam ko naman ay tahimik ako. I was careful not to let the people in the house heard my screams. I know Hilda is a special case, she has an enhanced hearing but hearing me should not be impossible. How did she know that?

I sighed for the nth time. The crown prince’s image flashed in my mind. I still cannot forget how I touched his lips. I pursed my lips. Napahawak ako sa aking dibdib nang tumibok iyon nang mas mabilis kaysa sa normal.

This is clearly not good. Parang may sakit na ang aking puso. “If you will not meet the crown prince, you will not meet him for a month. Sa susunod na linggo na siya pupunta sa norte.” I blinked twice of what she said. I cleared my throat.

“What?! I forgot that.” It slipped out of my mind. Why did she just reminded me of that now?

“That is because you are stuck in remembering that embarrassing action of yours.” I grunted. Napapikit ako.

“Stop reminding me of it.”

“Kahit naman hindi ko ipaalala ay maaalala mo pa rin.” She tilted her head as she nonchalantly said it. I glared it at her. She just shrugged her shoulders. Lumunok ako at tumayo na.

“Fine. I will meet him. Get me a secret way to meet him in his palace.” I commanded.

“I understand, my lady.” Napangisi ako.

Right, this is not the time to be moping around just because of a single embarrassing moment. I can deal with things like this. I am a di Vonce. I should not agonize over trivial things like this.

Gabi nang nakapaghanda ako. We sneaked out of the White Palace and went to the Green Palace, the crown prince’s, in a stealth way. I made sure to check that there are no people that can see me from jumping to the window in front of the tree. I quietly landed in his room. I removed the hood of my cloak and sat at the chair. Napalingon ako sa kanyang kwarto.

It was full of creamy color from the ceiling to the floor. It does not have any noticeable things and it was a normal room. A mature man’s room, indeed. It is so like him. Kagaya ng akin ay marami siyang libro na nakapalibot sa kanyang kwarto. I can guess that most of it are for academical purposes.

The sound of the door creaking as it opened. It caught my attention. Napangisi ako nang makita ang lumuwa.

“Crown prince.” I uttered.