8: I don't trust HER

Lucca

"You did what??" I growled so loud that I was pretty sure the soldiers at my entrances gate heard me. I couldn't just fathom what Francesco did.

After Ciro and I left the diner. We drove back home where Francesco was waiting for us at the main door. He looked so furious and I knew a big angry lecture was coming my way. The moment the car came to halt in front of the main door. Francesco pulled open the car door and helped me out of the car without even saying a single word. We went to my room upstairs where our family doctor was waiting.

The doctor started examining me. He went straight for my gunshot wound on my shoulder. Even though the wound was clean - a in and out bullet shot with no residual it was still painful as hell. And as the adrenaline was wearing off I started feeling every single part of my body hurting. 

After 2 hours of wound cleaning and stitching the doctor left me and Francesco alone. 

The room was quiet except the sound of Francesco footsteps. He was pacing in complete silence and ignoring me. Silent treatment - so mature.

"Just spit it out," I snapped at him.

He abruptly stops his pacing and narrows his eyes on me, challenging me to fight him on this. When neither one of us spoke a word for a few seconds he resumes his pacing back. He looked like an angry wild bull.

I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly. I get he is angry with me and at my rash decision. But as an underboss I needed to know what was going on in my area. An area which was under the Massimo protection - my protection.

"Francesco " I started to speak unably to resist anymore his silent treatment.

But before I could say anything else. He stops his pacing and storms towards me "I am your head security Lucca. HEAD SECURITY." He insinuated each word while poking his index finger on his chest for more emphasis. "One who is responsible for Ciro and your safety. Yes or no?? "

Even though it was a rhetorical question. But I still nodded my head in agreement. Not wanting to anger the beast anymore.

"You deliberately didn't listen to me when I told you that I was coming along with you to hospital. And then when I came to rescue you, instead of giving me a chance to catch Lucifer. You took the initiative and went behind him in this condition and without protection." He snarls at me and runs his finger in frustration wildly through his untamed hair making them more messy.

"Listen Francesco ---" 

But he waves his hand out to cut me off and exhales loudly " Let me ask you something Lucca. Why did you pick me as your right hand man and head of security??

"Because you are my brother and capable for this position. I trust you more than anyone else."

"You trust me??" He huffs mockingly."Really!! really Lucca. If you trusted me, you would have let me come with you to hospital and deal with them. Instead of handling everything alone. And if you did, trusted me, you would have let me chase after Lucifer instead of running after him yourself and getting all drugged and beaten up."

I get it. I screwed up big time. And I needed to apologize. "Okay I agree with you that I should have let you handle that. I am sorry for that and --" Before I could complete my sentence Ciro comes in the room holding his macbook pro .

"Finally you guys are done. I waited for like 15 minutes before coming in." Ciro crosses the room in quick swift movement and pops down next to me on bed. He casually flips open his laptop and start type in something without acknowledging Francesco furious look  "Seriously Lucca what were you thinking going out on your own??  He says without glancing our way.