~ Chapter 46 ~ (A Friend)

At the Ubayashiki's mansion right now, there's Kagaya Ubayashiki laying in the mattress on the floor. He is resting right now. His illness is already getting more worst with every time that passed.

Then, his wife, Amane Ubayashiki entered the room. He nudged Kagaya gently while calling his name. Kagaya woke up after he heard his wife. "Yes Amane? Is there something you want to tell me?" Kagaya asked his wife.

Amane is looking at her husband with a concerned look, but she just went straight to the point her reason calling him right now. "We have a guest, (Y/N) is here" Amane told Kagaya.

Kagaya just smiled hearing this, "Let him enter, he always been welcomed here." Kagaya told his wife. Amane said okay before she left to get the guest outside.

A few seconds later, since Kagaya can't see, he heard footsteps incoming. Then he heard the footsteps stop at his side and he can only heard the sound of thud. Probably because the person is sitting down.

"Hello (Y/N), long time no see" Kagaya greeted to the person beside him which is (Y/N). "Good afternoon Kagaya..." (Y/N) greeted back.

"What brings you here (Y/N)? It's quite rare for you to come by yourself unless I invited you for some favor" Kagaya said. (Y/N) however is quiet for a few seconds before he answered...

"I'm actually concerned about your health Kagaya. It seems like your illness is getting worse" (Y/N) said truthfully. He had noticed since few months ago that the disease is getting worse as it continue to spread around Kagaya's body.

Kagaya just laughed lightly, (Y/N) is dumbfounded with him right now. "What soo funny?" (Y/N) asked.

Kagaya stopped from laughing and smiled warmly at (Y/N). "Oh, it's nothing. I never knew you actually concerned too much about me all this time"

(Y/N) just sighed hearing this, "Of course I do..."

"Well, it can't be helped you know about my curse. As long as Muzan still alive, the curse will continue to run among my family. I have watched my father die from the curse. There's no cure for this illness." Kagaya said.

(Y/N) frowned hearing this. "What's with that look?" Kagaya said. "Even without my sight, I can still see your face easily."

"A worried expression doesn't look good on you. You must always remain calm (Y/N)." Kagaya said to him. (Y/N) is feeling shocked right now, that's the same words he heard 9 years ago from his late father.

The room become silent for a few minutes, (Y/N) is still quiet after hearing what Kagaya just said while seemingly in his own though. Kagaya wondered in thought from the sudden silence.

"(Y/N)? Is everything alright?" Kagaya asked with a hint of concern in his voice. (Y/N) snapped out of his thoughts and turned his attention back to Kagaya. "Yes... Everything is just fine" (Y/N) said slowly.

"I'm really concerned about how you live you life for the past few years (Y/N). Living in exile when you're actually innocent. No one should ever carry such burden by themselves you know." Kagaya said.

"I'm fine Kagaya, it does not bother me at all. Also, I'm not innocent as you think I am. I have done a mistake where the others need to pay the price."

"You know that I'm one of the biggest target in the demon faction. Muzan is already sending an upper moon against me. I cannot stay closely with the others. They would be in danger like how I put those two in risk 9 years ago... "

"You understand what I mean do you?..." (Y/N) said to Kagaya.

Kagaya slightly frowned, he understands what (Y/N) just meant. (Y/N) really blamed himself for the 'Kocho's accident' 9 years ago.

"Even so, you're carrying too much burden by yourself (Y/N). I know that you have been facing alone all this time. No one should ever experience what you're going through right now. You deserve more than this" Kagaya said.

"So, tell me where should I go? To the left where nothing is right or to the right where nothing's were left." (Y/N) said looking straight at Kagaya's face.

Kagaya easily understood what (Y/N) just meant. The left means that nothing is going the way it supposed to be like it should. The right means that he didn't have any place to go without any purpose.

Kagaya had a sad smile while looking at (Y/N)'s direction (Even though he can't see, but he can tell where (Y/N) is). It hurts Kagaya knowing that (Y/N) is facing everything by himself while putting his own life on the line for the sake of the humans without anyone knowing his sacrifice.

No man, no one should ever face such harshness in their life. The pain the boy beside him went through could actually put a person in a brink of losing sanity.

But (Y/N) didn't...

He never complained about it, he never told others about his problems. He carried all the burden for the sake of others putting his own needs secondary to the greater good.

without noticing, Kagaya has been in his own thoughts for few minutes. (Y/N) began calling Kagaya and the Ubayashiki snapped out from his though.

"You all right Kagaya? It seems something is stuck on your mind for a moment." (Y/N) said. Kagaya just looked at (Y/N) with a smile, "No, it's nothing..."

(Y/N) just looked at Kagaya before shrugged off, "Okay then, I just want to tell you that I'm going to Yoshiwara tonight. It seems there's a rumor that a demon is seen near the entertainment district. It seems a lot of death and missing people is also reported there." (Y/N) told Kagaya his plan.

"I see, I know about the rumours at Yoshiwara. I already send one of the Hashiras to investigate about this matter. He is the sound pillar, Uzui Tengen."

"However, Tengen has reported to me by his crow that he can't detect the demon's whereabout. It seems like the demon is very careful concealing it's location" Kagaya told (Y/N).

"Not a surprise, demons can easily blend in with humans since they look identical. I will probably also silently blend in to investigate there." (Y/N) said.

"You're right, however, can you tell me how exactly are you going to blend in?" Kagaya asked. "What do you mean by that?" (Y/N) questioned back.

"(Y/N), you need to change your appearance if you want to infiltrate Yoshiwara without catching other's attention." Kagaya advised.

"But change to what exactly? I have no problem infiltrating before." (Y/N) asked in confusion.

"(Y/N)... I'm sure that you already making a name for yourself on the demon's faction especially with Muzan and the twelve Kizuki."

"Muzan probably warned his demons about a man wearing a black cloak decorated with red clouds wandering around stopping demons. If the demon saw you, they might instantly recognise you and blow your cover." Kagaya said.

(Y/N) is in thought after Kagaya said this. Kagaya do have a point, demons might already know about him. This can be prove with how he encountered two upper moons and both of them recognise him as the son of Sasuke Uchiha.

Kagaya seems to read (Y/N)'s mind and snapped him out of his thoughts. "Don't worry (Y/N), I can help you with the infiltration. Please, wait for a moment.

Kagaya then called for his children. A few moments later, two of them entered the room. "Nichika, Hinaki, could you please find (Y/N) some new clothes." Kagaya said to his daughters.

Both of his daughters acknowledged with their father request and approached (Y/N). "Could you tell us your size measure" Nichika asked (Y/N).

(Y/N) just told his cloth's size measure and both of them nodded before saying that it will be done shortly. Then, both of them left the room.

(Y/N) just chatted with Kagaya. After for soo long, Nichika and Hinaki returned with clothes on their hands. They handed (Y/N) all the clothes and (Y/N) just said thank you.

"(Y/N), you can change in the other rooms. Pick any room you liked. You can also leave your stuff there. I assure you that nothing will happen to your stuff and it will be kept safe. I will tell my childrens to look after it." Kagaya told (Y/N).

(Y/N) just nodded before he walked away into other rooms and preparing for tonight....