Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"To get married," Luciano said, his lips curving into a smile against my lips. I took a moment to catch my breath and then I backed away, confused. What?

"What?"

"Didn't you want that, princess?" He asked, his face full off excitement.

"Right now?"

"Then when? Is it a problem? Or have you changed your mind?"

I shook my head and narrowed down my eyes. Emotions went through me. I wanted to marry Luciano for reasons I couldn't explain but I never thought he'd agree to it so quickly. He was clearly hesitant at first when I asked him about it for the first time.

Maybe these few weeks forced him to think about it all.

"No, I don't but right now?" I asked again, hoping he was joking. It was late at night and I was sure that no churches or priests would get ready right now to get us married—was that even possible?

His hands slipped under my dress and he cupped my breasts as his large frame hovered over mine, "Do you have a problem?"

With the soft light in the car, I realized how much more handsome he was. I admired his features and found myself losing in his beautiful eyes all over again. A deep growl vibrated from his chest and his nose nuzzled under my ears in a flash.

"Not at all," I whispered, closing my eyes and diving into the pure pleasure that I felt. Being in his arms kept me safe, he was the perfect man I ever wanted. I was in love and I couldn't deny it anymore.

I loved Luciano.

His teeth nipped on my fragile skin and he pulled away after a moment, "Then we will be going to get married,"

"What about Nana? I want her to come," I said, getting up and fixing my dress to sit straight in the car. My back was breaking by laying on this crooked car and with Luciano above me, it made it worse.

"It's a small thing, Red. We have the whole celebration and fireworks later on," he replied back.

"But—" I paused, "What about your parents? Your council? Don't you require to request an approval from them?"

Luciano looked at me like I was joking, "Really? Of course, I don't." He slapped his hand over my head reminding me that he was an adult and the king of werewolves.

He was perfect—for me and our child.

My heart was a little anxious as I never thought about marriage or being in love with someone before Luciano ever came by but everything changed and it surprised me, how someone could change your entire life in just a few months.

•••

"We are here," the driver announced, stopping his car by a church. I peeped outside the window to see where we were, it was clearly not the castle or Brittleburgh.

"Where are we?" I asked Luciano as I stepped out of the car with him.

"At a church," he said, vaguely.

"I know that but where is it?"

He wrapped his large hands around mine and moved in closer, "It's around the area, nearby. Don't you want to get married in a church?"

"Yes. But..." I paused and set my eyes on him while remembering the first days I was with him, "...like you're not even a believer."

"So?"