CH. 17 to 20

[Chapter Seventeen]

"Hey get in there already!"

The door was suddenly and violently thrown open as an angry voice rushed into the room.

*Thud*

"Will-sama!?"

Yes, the person who was thrown in was Will-sama, who had just left with Allen not that long ago.

"Tch! How'd you get out!? Did anyone else come with ya!?"

The man Kiddo was one of the men who had kidnapped us in the first place and now glared at each child in turn. However, the fact that every child had always kept their heads down and avoided eye contact until now worked to our benefit here, and he didn't notice there really was another boy missing.

"Hmph, don't think about trying to pull this kind of stunt again!!"

A large bang echoed in the room after he angrily slammed the door close.

".......Will-sama, are you all right?"

"Yes, sorry. I failed to escape."

"As long as you're safe, that's all that matters. ........Um, and Allen?"

"Mm, Allen got out safely. He should be calling for help even as we speak."

"Is, that so......"

I let out a long sigh of relief.

(Great. We have hope! The fact that Allen is safe now is also great news......)

"......Thanks you two. You've saved us! ......Everyone else too, don't give up hope because we're all getting out of here!"

I turned around and started speaking to everyone.
Even the kids who had only stared at the dirt since I got here raised their heads, and their complexions got just a little lighter.

".......Will-sama, help will surely get here by tomorrow's auction."

"That's right. Allen is clever. So for now, let's sleep in preparation of tomorrow."

".......Yes."

In my head, I once again persuaded myself that come tomorrow, I could go home, and then I finally closed my eyes.

"Here here~. Everyone come have your breakfast~. And, the auction starts tonight, so I'll be back to pick you all up then~."

"........so it starts tonight."

"Yes! There are so many nobles this time, so everyone is sure to get bought up by good people~. Ah! That's right that's right~. There was a child who tried to run away last night right~? That kind of thing is not allowed~!"

"Everyone understands."

"Good kids~ Good kids~"

Saying that much, Rix finished handing out the meals before leaving.

[Chapter Eighteen]

"We're heading to the auction site now."

A minute before, Rix and Kiddo had entered the room and handcuffed each of us one by one. A rope was then attached to each handcuff so that nobody could try running away, and several of us were taken.
When my turn came, El and Will-sama were standing right next to me as the men yanked on the rope and pulled us to the venue.

When we reached the venue, each of us were put away in a cage.
It's only now that I'm alone in a cage that I realize just how comforting it was always having El and Will-sama there next to me.