Chapter 177

After Dumbledore gave Jenna strict orders and told her exactly what she was supposed to do and what things to avoid, Jenna finally bid him goodbye and left the shack.

He had given her one hour until the beginning of her mission.

So with her hands slightly trembling and her heart throbbing mercilessly, Jenna Disapparated out of the forest.

Once she appeared out of thin air and her feet hit the ground again, she looked up at James and Lily's house in Godric's Hollow.

She looked around her a few times to check whether she was being followed or not. When she made sure that she was alone in the village, she knocked at their door, but no one answered.

She knocked three more times, but right before she was about to do it a fourth time, she heard James's voice say harshly from behind the door, "Who is it?"

"A Death Eater who knocks politely at the door, waiting for you patiently to open it," Jenna said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Nothing happened.

"Oh, all right! It's Jenna Potter, also known as Crookshanks," she finally said in defeat.

Nothing.

Jenna huffed, saying, "Remus and Sirius are dicks."

James finally opened the door.

"Yeah, okay, it really is you," he said with a grin, moving aside so Jenna could step inside.

From behind him, Lily walked down the stairs, looking worriedly at Jenna with Harry in her arms who was crying. He had probably shot awake at the loud sound of knocking.

"Jen, what are you doing here? Do you have any idea what time it is?" said Lily apprehensively. "Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong." Jenna shook her head reassuringly. "I just came here to talk to James about Sirius. I'm sorry that I woke you up."

"Oh..." Lily sighed in relief that nothing horrible had happened, moving Harry in her arms to get him to sleep.

"You can take Harry upstairs," said Jenna. "I'll just speak with James."

"You sure?" Lily asked her kindly, but when Jenna gave her an earnest nod, she smiled and went back upstairs.

"Look, J.P," James started with a sigh when Lily disappeared out of sight, "I know you've got relationship problems with Padfoot, but couldn't it have waited till tomorrow? It's been a long night —"

"It's not about Sirius," Jenna whispered, cutting him off.

"What?" James frowned in confusion. "But you just said —"

Although he was broken off when Jenna took out her wand, casting a spell around the living room to prevent them from being overhead.

"There's — there're something I need to tell you," she said hesitantly. "But you have to promise not to tell anyone. Not even Lily or Sirius."

"But —"

"Will you give me your word?"

James looked hesitant at first, but he sighed at last and nodded. "You have my word."

Jenna then took out her coat and sat down on the couch, her mind racing and her heart still beating fast as she kept remembering Alecto Carrow in her head.

"Look..." Jenna started as James sat down beside her on the couch. "Something's going to happen — I wanted to tell this to Sirius, but we've been having problems lately — and I trust you with my life —"