𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐭 𝐰 𝐨 : 𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙

"A Queen always protects her King."

I hesitantly stood in front of the heavy big door while the guards stared at each other nervously, before gulping softly and shifting on their position.

All I needed to do was just get some extra time for myself through this session in the throne room. Just enough time to get some information out of literally anything. Even if I can prolong the transferring of ranks to her for a few hours, it would be helpful.

I just needed time, I'm not getting that because it is moving too quickly.

Am I really doing this?

"Was it confirmed?" I asked quietly to both of them, as their eyes broke at my question immediately, before gulping their bile down their throat.

"I-It was confirmed by...two witches. S-She is indeed pregnant." One guard muttered in misery, making me close my lids to contain my tears, not wanting to enter with red eyes, and clenching my fists.

I don't believe that.

There's no way in hell, that that's true.

"If you feel unwell your majesty, we can inform the Late King about this." The second one of them gulped with a weak smile.

"No no, it's okay. I'm just..nervous. That's all." I quickly assured while rubbing my arm awkwardly.

Both the guards looked uneasy after seeing my broken figure, before nodding at each other and standing upright.

"No matter what happens in this room in the next few minutes, just remember, you will always be our true Queen. Just like the how the King's mother was to us, we won't allow lady Lola to take your place. I know you can prove it to everyone that you deserve the throne more than anyone your majesty, and that you deserve him." The first guard preached, making me cough a chuckle before I looked at him with thankful eyes.

"Thank you dear gentlemen." I chirped with a sigh, before seeing them open the heavy metal door with force, revealing the nostalgic feeling of coming here for the first on the first day with my Zari, before taking a deep breath and marching ahead.

I probably was going to look completely out of place while just wearing a normal attire, while everyone adorned themselves with expressive cloth and my jewellery on their bodies, immediately making me feel self-conscious after viewing their outfits from behind.

Of course everyone was already there. The advisers, the guards, the wizards along with a glaring Lucien, angry looking Amber and David, constipated Caesar, a smirking Lola and a terrible looking royal family.

There's no way these are the same people who were smiling when I first arrived.

Literally all of them looked dead and broken, along with a crying Amelia beside Luther, while Cynthia leaned into Micheal for comfort, as I couldn't even start on Lazarus.

Holy crap.

He looked...like he was going to perish any second. He refused to show his face as he rested his head on the throne arm and sniffed silently, making me tense up with the thought of just wanting to hug him, while Micheal sneered at someone.