Chapter 27- Jordan

"Would you... want to be my boyfriend?"

I stare at him for a moment. I've been trying to work up the courage to ask him that exact question for what feels like hours. I almost did, but then chickened out and asked if I could stay over instead, even though I think he'd implied that earlier at some point. But now he's just asked me. What am I waiting for, again?

"Yes," I whisper, scooching up so I can plant a kiss on his lips. "Yes. Yes. Yes."

He lets out a breath, and I kiss him again. "Thank goodness," he murmurs, and I grin.

"Were you that nervous?"

He gives me a look, and I give him a small smirk before admitting, "I was... going to ask you the same thing, actually. I kept chickening out, though."

"Oh, really?" He's grinning now. "So I'm not the only one who was nervous."

I kiss him to shut him up, pressing my body against his. He lets out a little hum- of pleasure, I think. After a moment, I pull away again, smiling a little. "So, what are we going to tell people when they ask if we're dating, now?"

He smirks. "I think it's kinda fun the way we've been doing it, I don't know if I want to give that up just yet."

"Yeah, that girl's face earlier was hilarious."

He grins. "It was. Although..." he pulls me a little closer. "I don't know about that one where we both burst out laughing..."

"How about the one where I look at you and say 'oh yeah'?"

"Oh, I like that one." He smirks, tilting his face down to kiss me again.

"And the one where you kiss me immediately after saying it's none of their business- oh, and call me babe?" I mumble into his lips, and he kisses me again before pulling away.

"Yeah, that one's fun too."

I grin and pull away. "Especially since you've never called me babe, ever? Since you've been much too busy calling me Werewolf, which is about as far as you can get from babe?"

"Fair point. but, in my defense, we haven't been on good terms for very long, so I had much more reason to call you Werewolf than a term of endearment to one's significant other."

"Are you sure 'Werewolf' isn't a term of endearment? How long have you been secretly pining for me?"

He snorts. "It's pretty recent. But I may have been a little more aggressive to you than necessary because of suppressed feelings."

I grin and tilt my head to peck his lips a few times before murmuring, "I'd say 'same', but I'm pretty sure it was more about... jealousy? Like... you're everything I am, only a little more put together, a little more secure. Steady relationship, naturally good at your sport, never seeming to let anything get to you..."

He kisses my cheek. "A front so people wouldn't look at me closely enough to see my weak spots. I'd come after you especially because I knew if you found out just a few specific things, you could rip me to pieces."

"So instead, you got me to try and rip you to pieces literally? Good plan," I tease, kissing the corner of his mouth so he knows I'm joking.

He rolls his eyes. "We should shower."

Both freshly showered, we end up sitting on his couch downstairs, leaning against each other and actually watching TV (unlike earlier). I'm starting to fall asleep (morning detention coupled with morning practice is not fun in any way, shape, or form) when I hear a door open and tense up.