Chapter 17

You wake up in the hospital wing. It's already dusk. You sit up, and see Cedric has already gone. For some reason, you feel sad about that. Like maybe you would be able to talk to him when you woke. Yeah, he was cute, but you didn't really have a crush on him. He just seemed like a really great friend.

Madam Pomfrey sees you had woken and walks over to you, leaving another student sitting on their bed.

"Y/n, good you're awake."

You look around. "Where is Cedric?" You ask.

Madam Pomfrey smiles knowingly. "He said he felt fine to go. I think you fancy him." You smile.

"You're free to go, dear." She says, handing you the note to give to Snape. You stand and walk out of the hospital, thanking her.

You reached the Gryffindor common room, and hear loud Christmas music and partying. You open the door and see everyone dancing and talking, happy. You smile, then feel a hand on your arm.

"Y/n! You've been gone for ages, we were worried!" Hermione said. You look around. You see Harry talking to Ginny, laughing. You feel jealousy stir in your stomach. Why were you jealous? Harry was just a friend. He wouldn't be anything more, and neither would Draco.

Hermione sees you looking.

"They've been talking a lot recently, Y/n.." She says quietly. "Take the chance before it's too late." You sigh, looking down. Harry notices you. He excuses himself from Ginny to come talk to you.

"Hey, y/n!" He says.

"Hey." You mumble, still jealous. He tilts his head, and then his face changes.

"You were gone for a long time..." He says.

"Yeah." You say. Harry's face changes, as if he's catching on to something.

"Did you...?" He starts to ask. You realize what he's saying.

"No!" You say. "God, no! I walked out. Went to the hospital wing. I didn't feel good." Harry's face washes over with relief.

Harry nods, chuckling. "Well..uh..." He says. You look at your feet. "I guess I'll go back to Ginny, and-"

"No!" You say, a little too loudly. A little too quickly. He looks at you, very confused.

"Sorry- uh, I mean, why don't you come up to my room?" He blushes. "I- I just meant to like, play chess, or something.."

Harry smiles at how pathetic you were. "Sure. I'd like that." You both begin to make your way to your room, when Harry stops you. "Wait- can Ron come? He's got girl problems, and well, since your a girl I just thought-"

You chuckle. "Of course Ron can come." Harry nods, calling Ron's name. Ron looks up, and Harry motions for him to follow. Ron gets up and does so.

You sit on your bed, and Harry and Ron stand awkwardly. "Come on, sit down." You laugh. They sit on your bed. You lay back, and they both look at you.

"Well?" You ask. Harry snaps out of it.

"Oh! Ron, tell her all the stuff you were telling me at breakfast."

Ron looks at Harry. "You mean.." He whispers in Harry's ear, which you still hear. "Like, about Hermione?" Harry nods.

"Oh.. well, since I gave Y/n help with boy problems this morning-" Harry looks at you weirdly. "-I guess you should return the favor."

You nod.

"Well... I dunno how to talk to Hermione. I want to, and I feel all funny when she talks to me, but I don't know how."

"Ah... well... Hermione is pretty emotionally available. Just be nice to her. Flirt with her." Ron's eyes widen.

"Flirt? How? How do I flirt?"

You laugh. "Really? You want me to show you?" You ask.

Ron nods. "I don't know how!"

You chuckle. "Well, should I be really straight forward or less?" Ron shrugs not knowing the difference. "I'll show you straight forward. Harry, stand please." Harry blushes.

"You're gonna flirt with me?" He asks. You nod. Pointing where he should stand.

Harry stands as you smirk at him. You walk up to him, lightly brushing his arm with your finger tips. You feel him shiver. "You look really cute right now. In fact, I really like your shirt... but it would like much, much better on my floor." You say, moving closer to him. He looks into your eyes and his cheeks ignite. You walk back to your bed.

"Now, Ron. Less forward." You watch Harry walk back to your bed, stiffly.

"I'll do this on you." You turn to face him. "Say you just said you thought you were ugly. I would say something like, 'Actually, I think you're really cute."

You look up to see Hermione standing in the doorway. She had only heard the part where you called Ron cute. Tears formed in her eyes.

"Hermione, no, I was-"

"Save it." She says harshly, tears running down her cheeks. She turns and walks quickly down the staircase.

"Hermione!" You call, chasing after her. But by the time you got to the common room, she'd already disappeared into the crowd.