5 - Slam-Bam-Thank-You-Ma'am.

The first thing Pamela disliked about the house was the huge brass gate and the twelve-foot-high brick wall that circled the whole property and she started to feel like she was in prison – which was exactly what it was, except that Devlin had used the word "safe house" to take the brutality off it.

But she had to admit that the house was beautiful. It was a glass walled, three story building that looked big enough to cover a city block. Just like his previous safe house, guards stood at the entrance, though they were not as plenty as they had been then. There were two maids who stood outside to welcome her. She learnt that their names were Carly and Paula and she smiled warmly at them, hoping that this time, they do not run off and get pregnant like Susan had.

The house was not only beautiful but it was also breathtaking. The sitting room had a high ceiling and a magnificent crystal chandelier that hung low from it which accentuated the grandness of the room's height. It was very eye-catching, something that would and draw the eyes upwards.

A large decorative mirror filled the space on one side of the wall. The other side had an array of beautiful pieces of art, arranged in beautiful display ranging from expensive crystal vases to paintings - the ones that had been her dad's favorite, she noticed, and other expensive collections of brass and wood works.

A brick walled fireplace stood at one side. The leather upholstery and furniture were so antique and welcoming, that it gave the room a warmer, cozier space. She took one of the chairs and sank into it.

"Don't mention."

She looked up at Devlin who was grinning from ear to ear, his hands in his pockets.

"You expect me to thank you for locking me up?"

He shrugged, sat beside her and looked around the room with pride. "You want to go back to that ramshackle apartment of yours?"

"At least I was free. I can't say the same for this place."

"The space in this place is large enough for you to be satisfied. There's a gym, a pool, a massage parlor, the best food you could ever want. Isn't that freedom?"

Pamela gave a noncommittal shrug. She wouldn't admit it to him that she was in love with the house. Spectacular and magnificent weren't words that did the beauty of the house justice.

"What else do you want? I'll do it for you."

Pamela smiled warmly at him, feeling grateful, and so with that gratitude in her voice, she said, "I'm with you. That's everything I ever wanted."

He gave her a look of pure adoration and leaned in to hug her. Pamela wrapped her arms tightly around him and held on to him. They stayed that way for several seconds, holding each other and basking in the love and warmth that overflowed from their veins. Devlin slipped his hands beneath her and carried her, bridal style, up the wide spiral steps which was an architectural wonder. Even the stairs was lovely.

She closed her eyes and leaned on him, giving him the permission to take the lead and do what he wanted to. Then she heard a door open and seconds later, felt the soft feel of a bed. Her eyes snapped open when she noticed that her zippers was getting pulled. She dragged herself away from him and pushed him away.

"What are you doing?"

He looked at her innocently. "What do you mean?"

She scrambled to a sitting position and used a pillow to block him; mighty good that would do her, she thought sneeringly. "We're not doing this."

He laughed and started to unbutton his shirt. "Yes we are, honey. I'm making good on my promises. Besides, how do you plan on thanking me for this," He spread his arms out to indicate the whole house. "breathtaking surprise?"